Maple Glazed Carrots are a must for this year's Thanksgiving table. They are lightly sweetened and perfectly balanced to complement a savory main dish.
Maple glazed carrots. They might just be the easiest side dish on the holiday menu. If you follow us, you know we don't really have a lot of Thanksgiving recipes.
Last year we added these glazed carrots made from large carrots cut into coin-sized pieces, drizzled with sweet maple syrup, and roasted until they become fork tender.
This recipe is incredibly easy and flavorful. It will become an everyday favorite instead of making a once a year appearance.
If you've never had glazed carrots, give them a shot. Whether you try them with maple syrup, honey, or brown sugar, you'll be happy you did.
Prep time is minimal and you can easily toss everything together in one bowl. You'll see what I mean in the instructions.
Additionally, cooking roasted carrots in a cast iron skillet adds a rustic appearance to the presentation.
How to Make Maple Glazed Carrots:
Start by preheating the oven and washing the carrots. This time was chose baby carrots instead of whole, large carrots, but either style works.
Choose your favorite spices and your favorite brand of maple syrup. We like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger with a touch of salt.
However, feel free to mix and match the flavors you like best.
Then, toss all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Use a spoon to coat the carrots and transfer the mixture to an 10 inch cast iron skillet.
Cover the ingredients with aluminum foil and bake everything for 30 to 35 minutes. Check to see if the carrots are fork tender.
Remove them from the oven and serve them hot. It doesn't get much easier than that!
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 32 ounces baby carrots
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrots with all the spices, salt, vanilla, and maple syrup.32 ounces baby carrots¼ cup pure maple syrup1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract¼ teaspoon kosher salt¼ teaspoon ground ginger⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Transfer the mixture to a 10-inch cast iron skillet or other oven-safe dish, cover it with aluminum foil, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender.
- Serve hot!