Parmesan Covered Chicken Caesar Bread – Chicken breast seasoned with Italian herbs and spices atop creamy Caesar dressing, and crusty French bread, all smothered with melted Parmesan cheese.
With only six ingredients, this recipe has to be one of easiest dishes to prepare. It is the result of a sudden craving and a little kitchen craftiness.
Kim and I had gone shopping for the weekly grocery run at our local supermarket. We had all intentions of buying the items needed to make an amazing Caesar salad or to make our tasty chicken Caesar wraps recipe.
Well, it turned out that we forgot one essential item needed to make the salad in question. Neither Kim or I remembered the Romaine lettuce.
It’s kind of tough to make a salad when you lack the lettuce. While scavenging through our refrigerator, I happen to notice the chicken we had bought.
Kim had no plans for using the poultry, so I snagged it and laid it out on the counter, fully intending upon making some sort of Chicken Parmesan dish.
When Kim asked about the French loaf, a light went off in my head. Apparently, it went off in Kim’s head at the same time because she answered my sentence before I could finish speaking.
It was at that moment the Parmesan Covered Chicken Caesar Bread was born. It’s a simple dish loaded with classic Italian flavors.
I used the same seasonings and cheese on this bread that I use for my Chicken Parmesan. The dressing provides flavor and moisture to the appetizer and the French bread is the perfect vehicle to deliver a chewy and crusty texture to the appetizer.
This recipe has become one of my favorite snacks. In closing, I wish you a long life, everlasting love, and full tummy.
How to Make Parmesan Covered Chicken Caesar Bread:
Start off by preheating your oven to 350°F. Then, spray a medium-sized sauté pan or cast iron skillet with a non-stick spray similar to Pam.
Afterward, generously season the chicken breast with the Italian seasoning blend and the garlic powder.
If you like, you can add a teaspoon of salt and pepper as well. However, with the store bought Caesar dressing we used, there was plenty of sodium without the need for any extra salt.
With the meat seasoned, go ahead and cook the chicken on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until it has thoroughly cooked. Next, slice half a French loaf lengthwise and place it on a large sheet pan or cookie sheet.
Spread the Caesar dressing on both halves of the French Loaf and set aside for a moment. Once the bread is prepared, slice the cooked chicken breast into long pieces and place it onto the dressed French bread.
Then, liberally sprinkle all the shredded Parmesan cheese over the Chicken slices. Lastly, pop the bread into the oven and bake it for approximately 7 to 10 minutes or until all the cheese melts.
Once cooked, remove the Parmesan Covered Chicken Caesar Bread, and cut it into four equal servings. It is best to serve it while the dish is hot.
Unfortunately, this bread does not store well, as it will become soggy when placed into a sealed container and stored in the fridge. With that being said, I doubt there will be anything left over to save.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 Pound of Chicken Breast, (16 Ounces)
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian Blend Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 2 Ounces Shredded Parmesan Cheese, (56 Grams)
- 4 Tablespoons of Creamy Caesar Dressing, (Your Favorite Brand or Homemade)
- ½ Loaf of French Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray Medium Saute Pan with non-stick spray (Pam).
- Season Chicken Breast with Italian Seasoning Blend and Garlic Powder.
- Cook Chicken on Medium heat for approximately 20 minutes or until Chicken is completely cooked.
- Slice French Bread lengthwise and place on large sheet pan.
- Spread Caesar Dressing on both halves of the French Loaf.
- Slice cooked Chicken Breast and place onto dressed French Bread.
- Sprinkle Shredded Parmesan Cheese over Chicken Bread.
- Put into oven and bake for approximately 7 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove and cut Parmesan Covered Chicken Caesar Bread into 4 equal servings.
- Serve while hot.
- Bread does not store well as it will become soggy when placed into sealed container and stored in fridge.
Chicken breast seasoned with Italian herbs and spices atop creamy Caesar dressing, and crusty French bread, all smothered with melted Parmesan cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Unsaturated Fat: 0g