A quick Crab Pasta Salad recipe using bow tie pasta and a simple homemade dressing. It's a delicious seafood salad that's done in less than 20 minutes!
Some of the best seafood I've ever eaten was in Florida. There's just something about enjoying a fresh meal while sitting at a beach side restaurant.
Today, we're adding to that list of seafood favorites with Kim's crab pasta salad featuring cute little bow tie pastas. As I said in the description, it's an easy recipe that you can toss together in about 20-minutes. So, let's get started!
How to make our crab pasta salad with bow ties?
First, cook the pasta per the package instructions. Drain it and set it aside.
After that, grab a large mixing bowl and add the bow ties. Also, add in the crab meat, sliced celery, diced bell pepper, and diced onion.
Set the bowl aside, because it's time to make the salad dressing. Next, grab a small mixing. Use a whisk to combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, and black pepper.
Once the crab pasta salad dressing is smooth and creamy. All that's left to do is pour the dressing over the ingredients in the large mixing bowl.
Last, use a wooden spoon to stir everything together. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and devour.
That's it, your bow tie crab pasta salad is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy this recipe and wish you all the best 🙂
- If you don't care for mayonnaise, you can substitute it out with a mixture of sour cream and Greek yogurt (½-cup sour cream and ½-cup Greek yogurt).
- Go light on the seafood seasoning and taste test the dressing. You don't want to over season the dish.
- To avoid crab shell in the salad, be sure to pick through the crab meat and remove any shell fragments.
Absolutely! Feel free to use your favorite brand of imitation crab meat in this recipe.
Usually, the salad will last about 3 days in when stored in a sealed container in your fridge.
Need a warm seafood pasta dish? Then check out our stove-top tuna mac and cheese.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
Crab Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces crab meat, cooked, or imitation crab meat
- 1 rib of celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup purple onion, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, freshly squeezed, adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon seafood seasoning, similar to Old Bay
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta noodles, crab meat, celery, bell pepper, and purple onion. Set aside.8 ounces bow tie pasta8 ounces crab meat1 rib of celery¼ cup bell pepper¼ cup purple onion
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, and black pepper. Pour the dressing over the noodles and other ingredients. Gently stir to combine.1 cup mayonnaise2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice¼ teaspoon seafood seasoning⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.