*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
A quick crab salad recipe using bow tie pasta and a simple homemade dressing. It’s a delicious seafood salad that’s done in less than 20 minutes!
Some of the best seafood I’ve ever eaten was in Florida. There’s just something about enjoying a fresh meal while sitting at a beach side restaurant.
Today, we’re adding to that list of seafood favorites with Kim’s crab pasta salad featuring cute little bow tie pastas.
As I said in the description, it’s an easy recipe that you can toss together in about 20-minutes. So, let’s get started!
How to make our crab pasta salad with bow ties?
First, cook the pasta per the package instructions. Drain it and set it aside.
After that, grab a large mixing bowl and add the bow ties. Also, add in the crab meat, sliced celery, diced bell pepper, and diced onion.
Set the bowl aside, because it’s time to make the salad dressing.
Next, grab a small mixing. Use a whisk to combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, and black pepper.
Once the crab pasta salad dressing is smooth and creamy. All that’s left to do is pour the dressing over the ingredients in the large mixing bowl.
Last, use a wooden spoon to stir everything together. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and devour.
That’s it, your bow tie crab pasta salad is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy this recipe and wish you all the best 🙂
- If you don’t care for mayonnaise, you can substitute it out with a mixture of sour cream and Greek yogurt (1/2-cup sour cream and 1/2-cup Greek yogurt).
- Go light on the seafood seasoning and taste test the dressing. You don’t want to over season the dish.
- To avoid crab shell in the salad, be sure to pick through the crab meat and remove any shell fragments.
Can I make this crab salad with imitation crab meat?
Absolutely! Feel free to use your favorite brand of imitation crab meat in this recipe.
How long does seafood salad last in the fridge?
Usually, the salad will last about 3 days in when stored in a sealed container in your fridge.
Need a warm seafood pasta dish? Then check out our stove-top tuna mac and cheese.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
Crab Pasta Salad
- 8 Ounces Bow Tie Pasta, (cooked and drained)
- 8 Ounces Crab Meat, (cooked, or imitation crab meat)
- 1 Rib Celery, (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Bell Pepper, (diced)
- 1/4 Cup Purple Onion, (diced)
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice, (2-4 tablespoons to taste)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Seafood Seasoning, (we use Old Bay)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta noodles, crab meat, celery, bell pepper, and purple onion. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, and black pepper. Pour the dressing over the noodles and other ingredients. Gently stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1/2-cup of the crab pasta salad. Actual calories will vary. Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container, in your fridge, for up to 3-days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 0.5 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g