These S'mores Bars are the perfect way to get your s’mores fix without having to build a campfire. The graham cracker and biscoff cookie crust is crunchy and sweet, and the chocolate and marshmallow topping is decadent and delicious making a perfect pairing. Make these s'mores bars today and enjoy the taste of summer!
Easy S'mores Bars
The taste and flavor of s'mores are iconic and loved by many, so it's no surprise that there are many different variations of this classic summer treat from S'mores Dip, an entire S'mores Board, to cocktails and everything in between. We love having the taste of S'mores in bar form, and we know you will too!
What makes this recipe unique is the use of biscoff cookies in the crust. Biscoff cookies are a Belgian dessert staple made with spiced Lotus flour. They have a distinct flavor that pairs perfectly with graham crackers. If you can't find biscoff cookies, feel free to use any other type of cookie you like for the crust.
The recipe itself is simple and only requires a few ingredients that are probably already in your pantry. Simply mix the crust together, and press it into a baking pan. Bake and top with a rich mixture of chocolate, sugar, and marshmallows for a taste of summer any time of the year!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- No need for a campfire to get the taste and flavor of s'mores.
- This dessert is made with simple ingredients you can find in any grocery store.
- Perfect for a birthday party or as an after-school snack or dessert.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Graham Crackers - These provide the crunchy texture for the crust along with classic graham flavor.
- Biscoff Cookies - These Belgian cookies have a unique spiced flavor that pairs well with graham crackers and chocolate.
- Unsalted Butter - Used to help bind the cookies and crackers together while adding a rich buttery flavor.
- Sugar - You'll need a mix of granulated sugar and light brown sugar to achieve a perfectly sweet flavor.
- Chocolate Chips - Feel free to use milk chocolate, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate chips to make this recipe.
- Mini Marshmallows - Adds a classic fluffy, sweet texture and flavor that is a staple in any s'mores recipe.
How To Make S'mores Bars
- Prepare for baking: Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Assemble the crust: Process the cookies and crackers in a food processor until the texture of sand is achieved. To a large bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, Biscoff cookie crumbs, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Stir to combine fully.
- Bake the crust: Add the crust to the bottom of the prepared baking pan and press in with your fingers making sure it is evenly distributed. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the crust begins to darken.
- Add the chocolate and marshmallows: Remove the crust from the oven, then spread the chocolate chips on top in an even layer. Return to the oven for 8 minutes then remove and spread the melted chocolate over top with a spoon into a smooth layer. Add the marshmallows to the top and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Set and serve: Let the s'mores bars cool for at least 30 minutes to set properly before slicing and serving.
- If you don't have a food processor to break down the crackers and cookies, you can use a high-speed blender and pulse in batches.
- Make sure the crust is pressed down in an even layer before baking to ensure the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Be careful not to overcook the chocolate chips or they can burn in the oven. Bake until just melted.
- To set quicker, let the s'mores bars cool for 15 minutes on the counter, then cover and place in the fridge to finish setting.
- If you can't find biscoff cookies, use additional graham crackers or any other type of shortbread cookie you like.
- Add your favorite nuts, such as almonds or peanuts, to the crust for extra flavor and crunch.
- Use a different type of chocolate chips, such as peanut butter or white chocolate chips to change up the flavor.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the chocolate and sugar mixture for a deeper flavor.
- If you want gooey s'mores bars, try increasing the amount of marshmallows by up to an extra cup.
Yes, s'mores bars can be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free graham cracker or cookie crumbs. Be sure to use a certified gluten-free chocolate chip if needed.
Storing and Freezing
Storing: These s'mores bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days outside of the fridge.
Freezing: To freeze, wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap then place them in a freezer-safe bag or container. They will last for up to two months frozen. Thaw on the countertop until defrosted before serving.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 9 graham crackers, ground in a food processor until a sandy texture forms (1 full sleeve)
- 15 Biscoff cookies, ground in a food processor until a sandy texture forms
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, Biscoff cookie crumbs, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar to a bowl and stir to combine then press the mixture into the prepared baking pan.9 graham crackers15 Biscoff cookies¾ cup unsalted butter¼ cup light brown sugar2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the crust begins to darken slightly.
- Add the chocolate chips on top and spread it out in an even layer then bake again for 8 minutes. Use the back of a spoon to carefully spread the melted chocolate chips out into a smooth layer.2 cups chocolate chips
- Sprinkle the marshmallows in an even layer, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the marshmallows turn a light golden color on top.6 cups mini marshmallows
- Let the bars set for 30 minutes to an hour then slice and serve.
- See post for storage options.