A unique spicy coleslaw recipe made with four ingredients and loaded with flavor. It’s simple to prepare and is used to top your favorite sandwich or taco.
So, the other day, Kim and I were trying to figure out what we wanted for dinner that evening. It dawned on us that we had not made my slow cooker shredded chicken in quite some time.
The recipe sounded great, but we wanted a little crunch with our tacos. After searching the kitchen, we found all the ingredients needed to create a delicious spicy coleslaw.
Within minutes, I had made a creamy, fiery, condiment that Kim liked so much she was eating it by itself.
All you need is a bag of coleslaw mix, some mayo, lemon juice, and a few spices to make it yourself.
Now, we decided to add a little jalapeno, some onion, and mix sweet peppers. You don’t have to make your version the same way.
As long as you have the cabbage mixture, some lemon juice, mayonnaise, chili powder, and chipotle powder, nothing more is needed.
A food processor with a slicing attachment makes adding other vegetables to your spicy coleslaw a breeze.
The real star of the dish is the dressing. Mixing lemon juice with the mayo creates a fresh citrus flavor that really pops.
The crunchy cabbage and other veggies are a welcome addition to any taco.
You could also use it on a barbecue sandwich; especially, one with a sweet sauce. On the other hand, you could be like Kim and just grab a fork and dig into the spicy coleslaw.
It’s a versatile dish that I sincerely hope you decide to try out for yourself. In closing, I wish you a long life, everlasting love, and a full belly!
Other side dish recipes you may love:
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- Jalapeno Cornbread
- Cheesy Beer Bread
- Onion Soup Potatoes
- Southwest Egg Rolls
- 1 12 Ounce Package of Coleslaw Mix, (cabbage)
- 1 Large Jalapeno, (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Spanish or White Onion
- 1/4 Cup Green, Red, OR Yellow Sweet Peppers, (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- First, wash the coleslaw mixture, pat it dry with a paper towel, and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- Next, thinly slice the jalapeno, onions, and peppers and combine them with the coleslaw mix.
- Then, in a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, chili powder, and chipotle powder to create the dressing.
- Last, add the dressing to the coleslaw and toss everything together. Serve as a condiment on your favorite dish or eat it as a stand-alone side.
The calorie count listed is an approximation based on the listed ingredients. The number of servings varies based on how much of the coleslaw you eat in one setting. Keep the coleslaw chilled at all times as it contains mayonnaise. You can eat it as a condiment or as a side.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 1g