*This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission from the sale if you purchase from the affiliate link.
A decadent blueberry smoothie incorporating all the flavors of a classic blueberry crisp, including berries, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
Our blueberry smoothie is probably one of my favorite treats. It’s loaded with all the flavor of a berry crisp. When we first shared it, back in March of 2017, I thought it would make an awesome breakfast drink.
Boy, was I wrong. Looking back, I realize that people probably shouldn’t start their day with something like this. However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try it!
So, after you’ve enjoyed your veggie omelet and coffee, take a look at this decadent blueberry smoothie. You may have just found the perfect dessert. Shall we get started?
How to Make a Blueberry Smoothie:
When it comes to simplicity, it doesn’t get any easier than this smoothie. All you need is a blender or drink mixer and you are good to go.
In a blender combine the frozen blueberries, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, almonds, brown sugar, and oats.
Use the pulse function and blend the mixture into a smooth, creamy drink. Take a look at the photo below. Your blueberry smoothie should look like ours in the picture.
Pour it into a glass and that’s it, the recipe is done. Kim and I hope you enjoy this decadent treat and wish you all the best 🙂
Decadent Blueberry Smoothie Tips:
- As far as we know, the recipe is already considered vegetarian. My understanding is that you can make this a vegan recipe by using either coconut or almond milk in place of the dairy milk.
- I do not recommend using fresh blueberries in this berry smoothie. Unless, you freeze them first. You need the fruit to be frozen; otherwise, you would have to add ice cream or frozen custard or yogurt. Since I feel the recipe has enough sugar as it is, using the frozen fruit is probably the better option.
- Blueberries aren’t the only fruit you can use. For example, frozen strawberries or peaches will also work well with the seasonings in the recipe. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
Looking for more decadent sweets?
Decadent Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Almonds (sliced, optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Old Fashioned Oats (or rolled oats)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or drink mixer, blend until creamy and smooth.