This blueberry smoothie has all the flavors of a classic blueberry crisp, including berries, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla and only takes a few minutes to make.
Our blueberry smoothie is probably one of my favorite treats. It’s loaded with all the flavors of a homemade berry crisp. When we first shared it, back in March of 2017, I thought it would make an awesome breakfast drink.
Boy, was I wrong. Looking back, I realize that people probably shouldn’t start their day with something as sweet as this.
However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try it! So, after you’ve enjoyed your veggie omelet and coffee, take a look at this blueberry smoothie. It tastes amazing, is filling, and is like having a blueberry crisp in smoothie form.
How to make a blueberry smoothie:
- In a blender combine the frozen blueberries, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, almonds, brown sugar, and oats.
- Use the pulse function and blend the mixture until smooth.
- Add more milk to thin out the smoothie if desired.
- Divide into glasses and enjoy cold.
Decadent Blueberry Smoothie Tips:
- As far as we know, the recipe is already considered vegetarian. My understanding is that you can make this a vegan recipe by using either coconut or almond milk in place of the dairy milk.
- I do not recommend using fresh blueberries in this berry smoothie. Unless, you freeze them first. Frozen blueberries yield the best texture. You need the fruit to be frozen; otherwise, you would have to add ice cream or frozen custard or yogurt.
- The brown sugar is optional, so feel free to omit it. On the other hand, swap it out with honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar.
- Blueberries aren’t the only fruit you can use. For example, frozen strawberries or peaches will also work well with the seasonings in the recipe. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
Other smoothie recipes you may enjoy:
- Banana Pineapple Smoothie
- Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
Don’t forget to check out our Blueberry Smoothie web story!
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Old Fashioned Oats, (or rolled oats)
- 1 Tablespoon Almonds, sliced, (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar, optional
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or drink mixer, and process until smooth.
- Pour into a glass or glasses and enjoy cold.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 smoothie. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 Smoothie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 61gNet Carbohydrates: 54gFiber: 7gSugar: 26gProtein: 14g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.