How do you make the best chewy chocolate chip cookies even better? Simple, all you have to do is add everyone’s favorite candy, M&Ms, and make M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I think it’s safe to say the season of baking is upon us. Halloween treats are popping up everywhere, and Thanksgiving is just around the corner.
When Kim found these adorable Fall Harvest M&M’s, we just had to make some Halloween Snack Mix, and then, some Fall themed cookies.
Building from our chocolate chip cookie recipe, Kim created these Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have to say; I think I prefer this version to the originals.
Mostly because of the extra candy. Well, that and the fact that they are monster sized cookies.
Given the size of each cookie, I felt it was safe to say one of these cookies is equal to one serving size. As you can see from the pictures, they are loaded with chocolate.
The trick to getting the M&M’s on top is simple. All you have to do is wait until the batch is done baking, then add a few extra pieces of candy on top while the M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies are still warm.
Believe it or not, I had no idea that technique was used until a few years ago. It’s safe to say baking was never my strong suit.
Of course, it makes the visual presentation look so much better. Especially, when you see all those chocolate candies on top.
The full recipe is listed below. The only thing I want to mention is to remind you to refrigerate your dough for at least 30 minutes before baking.
As always, I wish you a long life, love everlasting, and a belly full of cookies!
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1/2 Cup Butter, (softened)
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar, (packed)
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Plain M&M's, (we used Harvest Blend)
- First, remove the butter from your fridge and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or prep a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Then, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream together the sugars and butter on medium speed until fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Afterward, add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until combined.
- Now, add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Once that is done, stir in the chocolate chips and M&M's by hand.
- With the dough prepped, shape the dough into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter or use a scoop. Place the dough balls on the baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Last, after the dough chills, place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven when the cookies are lightly brown but still look soft in the middle. Add additional M&M's to the top of the warm cookies if desired. Allow the cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
The calories listed are based on the ingredients and are only for one cookie. Prep time doesn't include time for the butter to soften. Make sure to refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking. Cookies can be stored in a sealed container for up to four days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Unsaturated Fat: 0g