*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our soft and chewy homemade monster cookies recipe is the perfect marriage between little chocolate candies and peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
It’s Wednesday and we’ve made it half way through the week. I can’t wait for the weekend. At our house, weekends mean cooking and family time.
One great way to combine both activities is to bake cookies. Nothing beats getting everyone into the kitchen to create a tasty homemade snack.
This weekend, why not try our monster cookies? They’re simple to prepare and oh, so delicious. Best of all, they’re done in less than an hour.
Shall we get started?
Equipment Needed for Monster Cookies:
How to make Monster Cookies:
First, make sure the butter has softened before mixing it with the brown sugar. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to, “cream,” them together.
Take a look at the photo above, the mixture should be light and fluffy after about three (3) minutes of blending.
Next, add the egg, peanut butter, and vanilla to the bowl. Continue mixing the ingredients until everything is smooth and creamy.
After that, add the dry ingredients. Mix in the corn starch, baking soda, salt, and flour. Keep the mixer on low speed for this step.
You don’t want to over mix the dry ingredients or it could make your cookies tough.
Again, look at the photos and follow along. You want your dough to look sticky but smooth.
Now, fold in the oats, chocolate chips, and candies. Once that’s done, place the dough in your fridge to chill for thirty (30) minutes.
When the dough has chilled, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or use a silicone mat).
Afterward, roll the dough into balls, using two (2) tablespoons of dough at a time.
Place the balls onto a baking sheet and gently press them down. You can place extra chocolate candies on top to make the monster cookies look pretty.
Last, place the cookies into the oven to bake for about twelve (12) minutes. Then, remove them from the oven and let them cool before serving or storing.
That’s it, your homemade monster cookies are done. Kim and I hope you enjoy them and wish you all the best 🙂
How do you stop cookies from spreading?
All you have to do to stop cookies from spreading is to properly chill the dough before you place it into the oven to bake. Chilling the dough will keep it from spreading while the monster cookies cook.
How do you tell when a cookie is done?
For us, we simply wait for the cookies to brown slightly around the edges. Then, we remove them from the oven and let them finish firming up while they chill.
Looking for more cookie recipes?
Homemade Monster Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter (creamy)
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Corn Starch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Quick Oats
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Coated Chocolate Candies (like M&M's)
- Using a large bowl with a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Next, add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Continue to mix until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and flour next. Mix on low speed just until combined, but don’t over mix. Pour in the quick oats, chocolate chips, and chocolate candies, and continue to mix until combined.
- Transfer the dough to the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Roll about 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and gently press down in the center (don’t make them completely flat). Add additional chocolate candies or chocolate chips to the top if you’d like.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. The centers will still look slightly soft and under cooked. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack. All to cool for about 10 minutes before eating.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.