These adorable Nutter Butter mummy cookies are so easy to make. All you need are some candy decorations, frosting, and white chocolate!
As you may or may not know, Kim and I don’t have many Halloween-themed recipes. We try to add a few new Halloween recipes each year.
This year, it’s these super cute, Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies! This recipe is easy to make, and it’s kid friendly.
Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies Recipe
If you’ve never tried a mummy cookie, give one a try! They’re made using Nutter Butter cookies that have been spread with sweet, white chocolate. Add some candy eyeballs and extra white chocolate stripes for the mummy “rags,” and you have an adorable filled Halloween treat!
The combination of peanut butter and white chocolate is just right. These are a great party idea or fun dessert.
How to make Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies?
- Microwave the white chocolate, stirring at 15 second intervals.
- Use tongs or your fingers, to dip one side of the cookies into the warm chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still soft, place the eyes onto the mummy cookies.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack, and allow the chocolate to set.
- Drizzle the white frosting in a zigzag pattern across the cookies to create mummy “rags.”
- Let the frosting set, and enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Variations:
- If you prefer, you can melt the chocolate in a double broiler over low heat. It’s more stable than using the microwave. Moreover, your less likely to scorch the chocolate.
- Kim and I chose to dip the cookies into the white chocolate. Rather than, using a knife to spread the chocolate over the Nutter Butters.
- Don’t have a cooling rack? That’s okay, use parchment paper instead.
Room Temperature: These cookies store well in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Refrigerator: Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies stay fresh in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days. However, the temperature change can cause them to sweat slightly, so that’s something to be aware of.
Freezer: We do not recommend freezing the finished cookies.
Nutter Butter Mummy CookiesPrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 10 Nutter Butter cookies
- 20 candy eyes
- 4 ounces white frosting similar to Betty Crocker Cookie Frosting
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. Stir in 15 second intervals to ensure the chocolate doesn't burn.¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Dip the tops of the cookies in the chocolate OR use a knife to put the chocolate on the tops of the cookies.10 Nutter Butter cookies
- While the chocolate is still warm, add the candy eyes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack, and allow the chocolate to set.20 candy eyes
- After the chocolate sets, use the squeezable cookie frosting to add the mummy "rags." Drizzle the frosting back and forth across the cookies in a zigzag pattern.4 ounces white frosting
- Let the frosting set up before serving.
- See post for storage options.