Need for a festive Halloween themed party mix that isn’t going to gross out some of the party goers? Then take a look at our simple, sweet, Halloween Snack Mix.
This easy Halloween snack mix is great for potlucks, get togethers, school parties, and Fall festivals. Grab some cereal, pretzels, and Halloween candy on your next grocery run and bake up a batch of the sweet snack mix before the season is over.
Halloween Pretzel Snack Mix
Okay, before you say it, I know there are a lot of people who enjoy the creepy or gross themed Halloween foods. If you like them, then hey, go crazy. There are tons of recipes out there tailored for your tastes. All I ask is that understand that not everyone wants to eat hot dog fingers, candy eyeballs, and spider web pizzas.
We prefer Halloween treats that are more cute and fun, like Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies, Caramel Corn, or this Halloween Chex Snack Mix. This festive snack mix is based on classic Chex Mix. However, Kim took a lot of liberties to make it into a sweeter, candy-filled creation.
Instead of the traditional, salty flavor, Kim used a butter and brown sugar glaze to sweeten up the cereal and pretzels. In addition, she add chocolate and peanut butter candies along with candy corn and candy pumpkins. All in all, we think you’ll enjoy it. With that being said, if it’s a little to tame for your Halloween get-togethers, we understand.
How to Make Halloween Snack Mix:
- Preheat the oven to 275°F, and line to large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and brown sugar. Use a whisk to ensure the ingredients are well combined, then add the vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix both cereals and the pretzels. Then, slowly drizzle in the brown sugar mixture, and stir everything together to coat.
- After the mixture has been evenly coated with the sauce, spread the cereal evenly onto the baking sheets.
- Place the sheet pans in the preheated oven to bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. By the time cereal is fully baked, you should have stirred it 3 times.
- Allow the cereal to cool completely, then add the chocolate coated candies, Autumn Mix candy, and Reese’s Pieces to the snack mix. Go ahead and give all the ingredients a good stir to combine them.
Tips and Variations:
- You’ll need a huge mixing bowl for this recipe. If you don’t have one handy, divide the ingredients and brown butter sauce evenly between two bowls.
- Not a fan of Autumn Harvest candies, then swap out the candy corn and candy pumpkin mixes for another bite-sized treat. For example, peanut M&M’s or even mini peanut butter cups.
- Add some extra cereal like Cheerios, flavored Chex, or your other favorite cereal.
- For portion size control, measure out your desired portion size and then store it into Halloween themed baggies or paper sacks. Tie it off with a little rustic kitchen twine and you have yourself an adorable presentation for your snack mix while keeping the portion size in check.
- For a savory kick, use a butter and season salt mixture instead of the butter, brown sugar, vanilla mixture we used. When combined with candy, it makes this a sweet and salty Halloween snack mix!
Room Temperature: Halloween snack mix stays fresh when stored in an airtight container or plastic zip bags for about 5-7 days. Make sure the snack mix is completely cooled before storing.
Other recipes you may love:
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- Sweet and Salty Christmas Chex Mix
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
- Maple Glazed Candied Walnuts
Don’t forget to check out our Halloween Snack Mix web story!
Party Mix Dry Ingredients
- 7 Cups Corn Chex
- 7 Cups Rice Chex
- 6 Cups Mini Pretzels
- 16.2 Ounce Bag Autumn Mix Candy
- 10.5 Ounce Bag Reese's Pieces
- 1 Cup M&M's Candy, harvest colors if available
Butter and Brown Sugar Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 275°F, and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and brown sugar. Use a whisk to ensure the ingredients are well mixed, then add the vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix both cereals and the pretzels. Add the brown sugar mixture, and stir to coat.
- Spread the cereal evenly onto the baking sheets, and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 45 minutes stirring in 15 intervals.
- Allow the cereal to cool completely, and add the chocolate covered candies, Autumn Mix candy, and Reese’s Pieces. Stir to combine.
- Enjoy! See post for storage options.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of ½ of snack mix. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.