Our chicken Caesar wraps feature shredded chicken seasoned with Italian spices, covered in creamy Caesar dressing, and wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.
With Spring in full effect, fresh salads are everywhere. Since we like our salads on the go, we decided to share our chicken Caesar wraps recipe.
Tender, juicy chicken breasts simmered in broth and Italian seasonings are the main ingredients in this recipe.
Now, you can use store-bought or homemade Caesar dressing. We prefer our homemade version when making the Caesar wraps.
Furthermore, you can cook your chicken at home or use a rotisserie chicken from your favorite deli.
While we’ve never tried it, I assume canned chicken (drained) would also work for this chicken wrap recipe.
How to make chicken Caesar wraps?
First, grab a large skillet or saucepan and place it over medium heat. Place the chicken breasts into the pan.
Next, toss in the chicken broth, Italian seasonings, and add salt and pepper (optional).
At this point, let the broth come to a simmer and cook the chicken for about 18 minutes or until it’s done.
I recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is properly cooked.
After that, remove the chicken from the pan and let it rest for 10 minutes before shredding it.
- To keep the chicken breast moist when stored, place it back into the broth mixture. As it cools, the meat will soak up all that flavor!
Then, wash, dry and shred (or chop) the romaine lettuce. Now, place it into large mixing bowl
Afterward, toss the lettuce with the shredded chicken, Parmesan cheese, and Caesar salad dressing.
Last, divide the Caesar wrap filling among the tortillas and roll them up. Cut them in half and serve them with chips or seasoned air fryer home fries!
That’s it, your homemade chicken Caesar wraps are done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the meal and wish you all the best 🙂
Can you make Caesar wraps in advance?
Yes, you can make this recipe 3 days in advance. But, I wouldn’t toss the lettuce, salad dressing, cheese and chicken together until you’re ready to eat the wrap.
Otherwise, the Romaine lettuce will become slimy (wilt) within 24 hours of being combined with dressing. Nobody wants to eat a slimy salad!
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Chicken (we used boneless, skinless, breasts)
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 6 Cups Romaine Lettuce (finely chopped or shredded)
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded or shaved)
- 3/4 Cup Caesar Dressing
- 8 Large Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring the broth to a simmer and cook the chicken until the juices run clear, about 15 to 20 minutes depending on thickness. An instant read thermometer should read 165° degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken breast.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet to a waiting plate. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before shredding.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, lettuce, cheese, and dressing. Divide the Caesar salad mixture evenly among the tortillas. Roll the tortillas closed tucking in the sides to ensure the filling doesn’t fall out.
- Cut the tortillas in half and serve with your favorite side. Save any leftovers in the refrigerator or for meal preparation for up to 2 days.