Homemade Caesar Dressing – creamy, garlicky, with Parmesan cheese in every bite. This dressing is SO EASY to make and only takes 10 minutes!
Walk down the salad dressing aisle at your local supermarket and you’ll see a variety of different options. They look so colorful and pretty, especially in those beautiful designer glass jars.
I’ve always found it difficult to find a store bought salad dressing that I really love, so I started making my own. Homemade Caesar dressing was one of the first. It’s creamy, lemony, garlicky, and mimics an authentic Caesar dressing.
It’s so easy to make, and is done in less than 10 minutes. There are no eggs, mixing it is super simple! Give it a try on your next chicken caesar salad! I think you’ll love it.
How to make Homemade Caesar Dressing:
- Using a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, anchovy paste, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Place the dressing in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or serve immediately.
- The dressing will thicken as it cools.
Tips for Making Homemade Caesar Dressing:
- Use either shredded or grated Parmesan cheese. Shredded works better. Grated makes a thicker dressing.
- Use a garlic press or chopper for mincing/pressing the garlic.
- Go light on the salt. The cheese and anchovy paste add additional saltiness, so it’s easy to overdo it.
- Use a hand blender to mix the dressing. It works great!
Looking for a great pasta dish to pair with your Caesar salad? Then take a look at our Homemade Chicken Alfredo!
Homemade Caesar Dressing - creamy, garlicky, with Parmesan cheese in every bite. This dressing is SO EASY to make and only takes 10 minutes!
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste (to taste)
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced or pressed)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly shredded or grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
Combine anchovy paste, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
If using a hand blender, place all ingredients in a tall, slender container or jar and use the hand blender to combine.
Store Parmesan Caesar Dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
*Calories based on six 2 ounce servings.