A quick and simple one pot creamy kielbasa pasta recipe. Featuring kielbasa sausage tossed with tender noodles and covered in a rich cream sauce!
Kielbasa sausage has been a household favorite for quite awhile. In fact, I grew up eating it in a variety of dishes like bean soup.
Recently, Kim used it to create her Instant Pot kielbasa and sauerkraut recipe. For today’s offering, she decided to make it into a pasta dish.
This one-pot meal features sauteed onions and spiced sausage tossed with al dente penne noodles covered in a creamy sauce.
When it comes to simplicity, it doesn’t get much easier than this. You can make everything in one pot and it’s done in about 30-minutes.
Similar to our Italian sausage and tomato linguine, this recipe is also budget friendly and perfect for small and large households alike.
How to make a simple kielbasa pasta?
First, grab a large stock pot or saucepan and place it over medium heat. Add in the oil, kielbasa sausage, and sliced onions.
Next, allow the mixture to cook for about 5-minutes or until the onions soften and sausage begins to crisp.
After that, carefully pour in the chicken broth, water, and pasta noodles.
Then, stir everything to prevent sticking. Let the liquid come to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
Now, cover the pot and let the noodles cook for about 13-minutes.
Be sure to stir things from time to time to keep the noodles from sticking together.
Also, keep an eye on the liquid because you don’t want all the liquid to boil out. If it does, you won’t have enough broth to create the sauce.
Afterward, when the pasta is done to your liking, add the cream cheese. Stir all the ingredients together to create a tasty, creamy sauce.
Last, turn off the heat and serve. Feel free to garnish the kielbasa pasta with chopped parsley or Parmesan cheese.
That’s it, your one-pot creamy kielbasa sausage pasta is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
- Not everyone is a fan of sausage. Now worries, you can always use pre-cooked chicken or hamburger meat in place of the salty links.
- If you’d prefer, you can replace the cream cheese with tomato sauce or marinara.
- Egg noodles can be substituted for the penne pasta. However, you’ll need to reduce the cook time, otherwise they’ll be too soft.
Don’t forget to check out our One Pot Kielbasa Pasta web story!
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 Tablespoon Oil, (canola, olive, vegetable, etc.)
- 13 Ounces Kielbasa Sausage, (one large link, sliced into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 Cup White Onion, (about 1 medium sized, thinly sliced)
- 8 Ounces Penne Pasta, (or any short pasta, dry)
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth, (low-sodium)
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, (cut into cubes)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the oil, sausage, and onion. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the sausage begins to brown and the onions soften. Add the noodles, broth, and water. Stir to combine.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and continue to cook for 12 to 14 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure the noodles don’t stick together. Don’t let all the liquid cook away. There needs to be a little residual liquid in the bottom of the pan to mix with the cream cheese.
- After the noodles are cooked to al dente or to your liking, add the cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is melted and thoroughly combined.
- Serve hot. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of about 2-cups (by volume) of the kielbasa pasta. Actual calories will vary. For additional information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 Cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 499Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 880mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g