Our Instant Pot baby potatoes are seasoned with butter and a blend of Italian spices. All the flavor of your oven with the convenience of a pressure cooker.
Oh man, I love potatoes. From simple mashed versions to crispy oven roasted varieties, I feel you can never go wrong with this classic dinner time favorite.
For today’s recipe, Kim and I decided to share our pressure cooker baby potatoes.
I will admit, I prefer herb roasted in my oven, but these potatoes in an Instant Pot are perfect when you don’t have as much time to cook. Kim did not put any salt or pepper in the recipe, but you can add it taste on your own.
She chose Yukon Gold baby potatoes because the’re easy to work with, cook up nicely, and have a pretty presentation when paired with something green and leafy. However, you may want to use a different type, such as fingerling or purple potatoes.
It doesn’t really matter all that much as long as they are small (1.5-2.0 inches in diameter) and fall into the, “baby,” category. If you chose larger ones, then you’ll have to increase the cooking time.
All in all, it’s a simple recipe to prepare and shouldn’t take long provided you follow the steps. Furthermore, it wouldn’t hurt to glance over the ideas and tips I provided below.
Should you want to make this dish in your oven, I also outlined some instructions in that section. With the introduction out of the way, how about we get cooking?
How to Make Instant Pot Baby Potatoes:
First, grab your potatoes, butter, olive oil, Italian spices, garlic powder, and water. Now, thoroughly wash the taters.
Make sure to remove any dirt or potential debris from each one. Once you’re done cleaning them, pat them dry with a kitchen towel or paper towels.
Next, prep your Instant Pot by adding the liner and pouring the water into it. Afterward, add the steamer basket and place the potatoes into the basket.
At this point, seal the machine and set the valve accordingly. Using the Manual Button or high pressure cook option, set the taters to cook for 15-minutes.
Then, when the timer has gone off, carefully preform a quick release using the valve. After that, remove everything from the cooker, including the remaining water at the bottom.
You can use paper towels to dry out the liner. Once it has been dried off, return it to the cooker.
It’s time to start wrapping things up. Turn your cooker on and set it to the saute function. When the liner is fully heated (hot), add the butter and olive oil.
Last, add the potatoes back into the liner and use tongs to coat them in the butter and oil mixture.
All that is left to is sprinkle the garlic powder and Italian seasonings over the taters. Let them saute for 4-5 minutes while stirring them.
The stirring action helps coat all the potatoes in your spices. That’s it, turn off the cooker and serve the baby potatoes while they’re hot.
Tips for Baby Potatoes:
- This recipe can be made in your oven. Simply preheat your oven to 375 degrees F., wash and prep your potatoes, combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, toss to coat everything, place on a greased sheet pan or 8×8 cooking dish, and let cook for 35-40 minutes or until fork tender.
- Try to use potatoes that are similar in shape and size so they cook evenly in your pressure cooker.
- For smashed potatoes, remove them from the cooker, place them in a food processor, add 2-3 tablespoons of butter and heavy cream, then pulse them until you reach the desire consistency. I recommend salt and pepper to taste.
- You could also use the tip above to create potato cakes. After they have been smashed, carefully form them into patties and fry each patty over medium heat with a little butter or oil.
If you like this baby potatoes recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen!
Instant Pot Baby PotatoesPrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 1 ½ pounds baby gold potatoes or baby yellow potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- Pour water into the liner of the Instant Pot, then add the steamer basket. Add the potatoes, and close the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing, and use the manual (pressure cook) button to adjust the time to 15 minutes on high pressure.1 cup water1 ½ pounds baby gold potatoes
- After the time is up, open the valve for a quick release. Remove the potatoes and steamer basket. Pour out the leftover water, and dry the liner with a towel.
- Return the liner to the Instant Pot, and turn on the Instant Pot using the saute function. After the screen says, “Hot,” add the butter and olive oil. Carefully place the potatoes back into the pot, and gently stir until all the potatoes are coated.1 tablespoon olive oil2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and Italian herbs over the potatoes. Stir to distribute the seasonings and continue to stir for an additional 4-5 minutes.1 teaspoon garlic powder2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- Turn off the Instant Pot, and serve the potatoes hot. Store any leftovers in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Saturday 6th of November 2021
I have made so many instant pot baby potato recipes, I’ve lost count. Finally, a super easy, quick , perfectly cooked recipe for baby pots. In my ‘Keepers’ pin folder and will be cooking these every week. Add a new fan to your posts!