*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tender sprouts with a quick butter topping. Try our fast and simple Instant Pot Brussel sprouts recipe that only takes 12 minutes from start to finish!
As you already now, we make a lot of Instant Pot recipes. From chicken to pasta, we’ve got something you’ll love.
For today’s post, we’re using everyone’s favorite pressure cooker to create a simple veggie side dish. It should go without saying this dish is vegetarian.
So, shall we get started on our Instant Pot Brussel sprouts recipe?
Equipment Needed for Recipe
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- Steamer Basket
How to make Brussels sprouts in Instant Pot?
- First, start by cutting off the ends of the Brussels sprouts. Go ahead and peel away any loose leaves, if needed.
- Next, cut them into halves and give the sprouts a quick wash.
- Now, mince the garlic. Put the liner into the Instant Pot and pour the water into the liner. Now add the steamer basket.
- Then, place the Brussels sprouts into the basket with the garlic. You can sprinkle in the salt and pepper now or do it at the end.
- If you don’t have a steamer basket, you can add place the veggies into the water. It won’t hurt anything.
- After that, place the lid onto the machine, close the valve, and set the cooker to pressure cook on high for two (2) minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, carefully open the valve (with a kitchen towel) to allow for a quick release.
- Afterward, remove the sprouts, remove the steamer basket, and drain away all the water.
- Return the Brussels sprouts back to the liner and stir in the butter. If you haven’t added the salt and pepper, do a taste test and add it now.
That’s it, your Instant Pot Brussel sprouts recipe is done. Serve them while they’re hot! Kim and I hope you enjoy the veggies and wish you all the best 🙂
Looking for more side dish recipes?
If you like our Instant Pot Brussel sprouts recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen!
Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Steamer Basket
- 1 Lb. Brussels Sprouts (washed, ends cut off, and loose pieces discarded)
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Place 1 cup of water into the stainless steel liner of the Instant Pot. Add the steamer basket, then add the Brussels sprouts, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Close the lid, ensure the valve is set to “sealing,” and press the manual (pressure cook) button. Adjust the time to 2 minutes. After the time is up, open the valve for a quick release of pressure. Leave the keep warm function on.
- Remove the steamer basket, and drain the water from the stainless steel liner. Pour the Brussels sprouts back into the liner, add the butter, and stir until butter is melted.
- Serve hot. Store any leftovers in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.