Tender sprouts with a quick butter topping. Try our fast and simple Instant Pot Brussel sprouts recipe that only takes 12 minutes from start to finish!
As you already now, we make a lot of Instant Pot recipes. From chicken to pasta, we’ve got something you’ll love.
For today’s post, we’re using everyone’s favorite pressure cooker to create a simple veggie side dish. It should go without saying this dish is vegetarian.
So, shall we get started on our Instant Pot Brussel sprouts recipe?
Like this recipe? Try our Instant Pot quinoa recipe for another simple side dish!
How to make Brussels sprouts in Instant Pot?
First, start by cutting off the ends of the Brussels sprouts. Go ahead and peel away any loose leaves, if needed.
Next, cut them into halves and give the sprouts a quick wash.
Now, mince the garlic. Put the liner into the Instant Pot and pour the water into the liner. Now add the steamer basket.
Then, place the Brussels sprouts into the basket with the garlic. You can sprinkle in the salt and pepper now or do it at the end.
If you don’t have a steamer basket, you can add place the veggies into the water. It won’t hurt anything.
After that, place the lid onto the machine, close the valve, and set the cooker to pressure cook on high for two (2) minutes.
Once the timer goes off, carefully open the valve (with a kitchen towel) to allow for a quick release.
Afterward, remove the sprouts, remove the steamer basket, and drain away all the water.
Return the Brussels sprouts back to the liner and stir in the butter. If you haven’t added the salt and pepper, do a taste test and add it now.
That’s it, your Instant Pot Brussel sprouts recipe is done. Serve them while they’re hot!
Kim and I hope you enjoy the veggies and wish you all the best 🙂
If you like our Instant Pot Brussel sprouts recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen!
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 Lb. Brussels Sprouts, (washed, ends cut off, and loose pieces discarded)
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Place 1 cup of water into the stainless steel liner of the Instant Pot. Add the steamer basket, then add the Brussels sprouts, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Close the lid, ensure the valve is set to “sealing,” and press the manual (pressure cook) button. Adjust the time to 2 minutes. After the time is up, open the valve for a quick release of pressure. Leave the keep warm function on.
- Remove the steamer basket, and drain the water from the stainless steel liner. Pour the Brussels sprouts back into the liner, add the butter, and stir until butter is melted.
- Serve hot. Store any leftovers in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of four (4) ounces of the finished Instant Pot Brussels sprouts. Actual calories will vary.
*If you don’t have a steamer basket, place the Brussels sprouts directly into the water. Make sure to drain the water after pressure cooking but before adding the butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g