*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup features tender chicken with Tex-Mex spices and veggies simmered in a flavorful broth. Best of all, it’s dump and go!
Soup season is still in full effect and have we got a soup for you! Now that I think about it we have quite a few soups on our blog.
In fact, we even have a tasty pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup that’s perfect for cold weather.
For today’s post, we’re adding to that list with Kim’s Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup recipe.
The name says it all, savory homemade chicken soup made in your Instant Pot. So, shall we get started?
Equipment Needed for Recipe:
How to make chicken tortilla soup in the Instant Pot?
- First, start by prepping your ingredients. Dice the onions, mince the garlic, open the canned veggies. You get the idea.
- Next, place the stainless steel liner into the Instant Pot. After that, add the chicken broth, undrained green chiles, onions, garlic, lime juice, ground chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Then, stir the ingredients to combine everything.
- Now, toss in the chicken breasts, undrained canned tomatoes, black beans, and corn.
- It’s important that you do NOT stir the mixture once you’ve added these ingredients. Otherwise, the chicken tortilla soup may burn.
- Afterward, place the lid on the cooker and seal the valve. Set the machine to manual or high pressure cook for eight (8) minutes. When the timer goes off, allow for a ten (10) minute natural release before carefully opening the valve (with a towel) to release the pressure.
- Last, remove the chicken from the soup, dice or shred it, then return it to the pot. Give the ingredients a quick stir and serve the soup while it’s warm.
That’s it, your chicken tortilla soup is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the recipe and wish you all the best 🙂
Soup Topping Ideas:
- Avocado Slices
- Sour Cream
- Purple Onion
- Shredded Cheese
- Green Onions
- Tortilla Strips
Looking for more pressure cooker soups?
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Easy Mushroom Soup
- Pressure Cooker Potato Soup with Bacon
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
If you like our Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen!
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth (low sodium)
- 4 Ounces Green Chiles (one ((1)) small can of diced, undrained)
- 1 Cup Onion (diced, about medium sized onion)
- 3 Teaspoons Garlic (minced, about three (3) cloves)
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder (or to taste)
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin (or to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Paprika (or to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano (or to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper (or to taste)
- 1 Lb. Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
- 14.5 Ounces Diced Tomatoes (one ((1)) can, undrained)
- 14.5 Ounces Black Beans (one ((1)) can, undrained)
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn
- First, add the chicken broth, chiles, onions, garlic, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper to the stainless steel liner of the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
- Next, add the chicken breasts, diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn. DO NOT STIR at this point.
- Close the lid, set the valve to “sealing,” and press the manual (pressure cook) button. Adjust the time to 8 minutes. After the time is up, allow a 10 minute natural release before opening the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Then, remove the chicken breasts and use two forks to shred the meat. Return the meat to the pot, and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Last, serve hot with your favorite toppings.
*We have not tested this recipe with other forms of chicken.