*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Need another quick weeknight dinner idea? Try our Instant Pot creamy shells and beef recipe! Seasoned ground beef and pasta served in a cheesy tomato sauce.
It’s Monday again and for most people that means going back to work. We understand your pain and that’s why we’re here to help with simple Instant Pot ground beef and pasta recipe.
Our Instant Pot creamy shells and beef is easy to prepare, delicious, and perfect for a chilly Monday evening. It’s full of cheesy beef and shells, tomatoes, and seasonings.
Equipment Need for the Recipe:
How to make shells and beef in a pressure cooker?
- First, go ahead and dice the onions, shred your cheese, and open all the boxes, cans, and jars. Basically, prep things and get them ready.
- After that, place the liner into the pressure cooker and turn the cooker on to saute. Let it get hot, then toss in the oil, ground beef, onions, Italian seasonings, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Next, let everything saute until the beef has browned. Use your spoon to stir the ingredients as they cook so nothing sticks.
- Once the beef has cooked, turn off the machine and layer in the following ingredients: shells, water, chicken broth, canned tomatoes, and heavy cream. If needed, use the spoon to press the shells below the liquid.
- Furthermore, it’s important that you place the ingredients into the pressure cooker in the order described above and do NOT stir anything. Otherwise, the creamy shells and beef may burn.
- Now, pour the marinara on top of everything else. Put the lid on the cooker and set the valve to, “sealed.”
- Then, press the manual (high pressure cook) button and set the timer for five (5) minutes. When the timer goes off, use a towel the cover the valve, and preform a quick release (open the valve to release the steam).
- Last, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese onto the shells and beef and stir the pasta dish.
That’s it your recipe is done! Simply serve it hot and store any leftovers in a sealed container in your fridge. They’ll hold for about three (3) days.
Kim and I hope you enjoy the pressure cooker pasta recipe and wish you all the best 🙂
Need more Instant Pot pasta recipes?
- Instant Pot Supreme Pizza Pasta
- Instant Pot Penne with Vodka Sauce
- Pressure Cooker Spaghetti with Meatballs
If you like our creamy shells and beef instant pot recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen!
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen and our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes!
Instant Pot Creamy Shells and Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil (canola, vegetable, etc.)
- 1/2 Cup White Onion (diced)
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef (we used 93/7)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 16 Ounces Shell Pasta (uncooked, we used medium sized shells)
- 24.5 Ounces Marinara Sauce (one ((1)) jar, your favorite brand)
- 14.5 Ounces Canned Tomatoes (undrained)
- 4 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese (about one ((1)) cup by volume, shredded)
- Turn on the Instant Pot using the saute function. Wait for the display to read “Hot,” then add the oil, onions, ground beef, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook the ground beef until no longer pink while breaking up into small pieces.
- Press the “Cancel” button, and layer the following ingredients in the order listed. DO NOT STIR. Add the shell noodles on top of the ground beef. Then pour in the water, broth, canned tomatoes, and heavy cream. Use a spoon to gently press the noodles down below the liquid if necessary. Next pour the marinara on top of the noodles and liquid.
- Close the lid, and ensure the valve is set to “sealing.” Press the manual (pressure cook) button, then adjust the time to 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, press “Cancel,” and open the valve to complete a quick release. Add the shredded mozzarella cheese, and stir to combine.
- Serve hot. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Shredded Parmesan Extra Shredded Mozzarella Fresh Parsley