Our Instant Pot hot dogs recipe shows you how to make hot dogs for a crowd using a pressure cooker. Perfectly steamed hot dogs in 10-minutes or less!
Lately, we've all been super busy and have had little time to cook for a crowd. Fortunately, there are handy appliances like pressure cookers.
For today's recipe, Kim and I are going to explain and show you how to make hot dogs in an Instant Pot.
In about 10-minutes, you can have hot dogs for a crowd of people. Best of all, with a condiment bar, everyone gets their favorite type of dog.
Recipes like this one are perfect for Summer. Not only are they quick, easy, and delicious, they're also cheap to make.
Most of us already have things like mustard, ketchup, and chili in our cabinets. So, the most expensive part of the meal are the hot dogs and buns.
So, shall we get started?
How to make Instant Pot hot dogs:
First, start by placing the stainless steel liner into your pressure cooker. After that, add 1-cup of water to the liner.
Next, open the hot dogs and place them into a pressure cooker safe steamer basket. Try to keep them upright in the basket.
Now, put the basket into the cooker. Close the valve and put the lid on the machine and make sure it's sealed.
Then, use the manual or high pressure cook setting for a cook time of 0 minutes. Once it comes to pressure and beeps they're done.
Carefully, open the valve to complete a quick release and remove the lid. Last, pull out the steamer basket and serve the hot dogs.
That's it, your Instant Pot hot dogs recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy them and wish you all the best 🙂
Instant Pot Hot Dog Tips:
- You can use frozen hot dogs for this recipe; however, you'll need to increase the cook time to at least 2-minutes. Also, please be aware that the increase in cook time may rupture the sausages.
- Feel free to cook as many dogs as you want because, the cook time won't change no matter how many dogs you place into the basket.
- While we recommend using the steamer basket, it's not necessary. Simply, add the sausages to the water and follow the directions as they are written. Once again, be aware that the meat may rupture during the cooking process.
- Kim and I always create a condiment bar when making Instant Pot hot dogs. Typically, the condiments include: mustard, ketchup, dill and sweet relish, diced onions, beanless chili, shredded cheddar cheese, and shredded Monterrey Jack cheese.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 cup water
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- Your favorite toppings
- Place the stainless steel insert into your pressure cooker. Pour 1 cup of water into the insert.1 cup water
- Arrange the hot dogs standing upright in a steamer basket. Place the steamer basket into the stainless steel insert.8 hot dogs
- Close the lid, set the valve to “sealing,” and press manual (pressure cook). Adjust the time to 0 minutes. After the time is up, open the valve to complete a quick release of pressure.
- Open the lid. Carefully remove the hot dogs from the steamer basket and place on the buns with your favorite toppings.8 hot dog bunsYour favorite toppings