**This post is sponsored by Kraft, but the opinions are my own.**
A quick and easy Memphis-Style BBQ dog, that takes only six ingredients and has all the flavor of a sweet and spicy gourmet hot dog.
Summer is definitely the time for grilling some delicious hot dogs.
It just so happens, we have an awesome Memphis-Style BBQ Dog recipe provided by Kraft.
Walmart has everything you need to recreate this sweet and tangy grilled hot dog.
Since the recipe only needs six ingredients, it just takes a few minutes to run into a store and grab everything at once.
This Memphis-Style BBQ Dog starts with a quality hot dog and delicious bacon.
Both can usually be found in the same department at Walmart. Pick up a package of OSCAR MAYER Selects Uncured Bun-Length Angus Beef Franks.
For the bacon make sure to get an OSCAR MAYER brand as well.
Then go to the bread and condiment aisles to purchase the Orowheat Country Potato hot dog buns and HEINZ BBQ Sauce Memphis-Style Sweet & Spicy brand sauce.
All that’s left to pick-up is the cheese and green onions!
Make sure to get KRAFT Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese, so it can melt a little once it hits that savory bacon.
The onions provide an added kick of spice with every bite.
A hot dog recipe like this one finely balances convenience and simplicity with taste and texture.
The soft buns are the perfect vehicle to drive flavor throughout the dish. You can’t go wrong with the crispy, meaty combination of bacon wrapped hot dogs.
The barbecue sauce, cheese, and green onions culminate into a smoky, sweetened and tangy taste explosion.
Everything is balanced to create a satisfying meal in a handheld dish.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon
- 4 OSCAR MAYER Selects Uncured Angus Bun-Length Franks
- ¼ cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup HEINZ BBQ Sauce Memphis-Style Sweet and Spicy Style
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat grill over medium heat.
- Wrap bacon tightly around hot dogs. Grill dogs for 10-12 minutes or until bacon is crisp while turning frequently.4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon4 OSCAR MAYER Selects Uncured Angus Bun-Length Franks
- Afterward, grill (cut-side down) as dogs finish grilling.
- Once everything cooks, drain the dogs on paper towels.
- Place the hot dogs in buns and top with BBQ sauce, onions, and cheese.¼ cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese¼ cup HEINZ BBQ Sauce Memphis-Style Sweet and Spicy Style4 hot dog buns2 green onions
- Serve immediately!