A quick and cheesy Mexican casserole made with pantry ingredients and shredded cheddar cheese. Best of all it’s done in 30-minutes or less!
This is one of the recipes Kim’s grandmother used to make every time we visited. It’s a cheesy, filling, comfort dish.
Like I said before, the best part is that’s done in 30-minutes or less.
As far as side dishes are concerned, I recommend serving it alongside our Mexican rice; another recipe from kid’s childhood.
When paired together, you have a tasty Tex-Mex meal that the whole family will love.
Shall we get started?
How to make one-skillet Mexican casserole?
First, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. and placing a large skillet over medium heat.
Brown the ground beef in the skillet and drain away the extra grease. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Next, open the cans of cream of chicken and mushroom soup, enchilada sauce, green chiles, and evaporated milk.
Afterward, pour all the ingredients into the skillet with beef and stir everything together.
Including the tortilla chips. Break them up a little before tossing them into the Mexican casserole.
Then, sprinkle the cheese on top of the casserole and place it into the oven to bake.
Last, let the dish bake for about 25-minutes. Everything should bubbling with melted cheese!
Remove it from the oven and serve hot. That’s it, your Tex-Mex casserole is done!
Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container, in your fridge, for up to 3-days. Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
- If you use a cast iron skillet (oven-safe) like ours, then you only need one pan to create the Mexican casserole. However, if you don’t have one, cook the ground beef in a pan, drain the grease, and transfer the meat to a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. After that, follow the rest of the recipe as it is written.
- For our casserole, we used 90/10 ground beef. But, you can use any fat ratio you want. Just keep in mind that you’ll need to drain away the leftover grease before prepping the casserole to bake.
- Kim’s grandmother used to crumble tortilla chips and sprinkle them over the casserole for a nice crunchy topping.
Mexican CasserolePrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 1 ½ Pounds lean ground beef we used 90/10
- 8 Ounces Plain Tortilla Chips broken into small pieces
- 1 10.5 Ounce Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 10.5 Ounce Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 10 Ounce Can Enchilada Sauce
- 1 4 Ounce Can Green Chiles, chopped and undrained
- 1 5 Ounce Can Evaporated Milk
- 1 ½ cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded (6 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet (we used a 13-inch oven safe skillet), cook the ground beef, and drain the grease.
- Return the ground beef to the skillet, and add the remaining ingredients except the cheese. Stir to combine. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, and serve hot.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.