Don't be caught off-guard for your next game day party. Bring along our oven baked loaded potato nachos piled high with melted cheese and a whole lot more!
Much like Fall, game day season is just around the corner. As the temperatures drop, men and women suit up to face the elements and compete in some sports.
For those of us who would rather watch than play along, we throw get together's or parties.
Nothing is more exciting than watching your favorite team while surrounded by great people and fantastic food. Something like these oven baked loaded potatoes nachos, crockpot BBQ meatballs, or tater tot nachos.
Sometimes it's hard to pick your favorite appetizer or snack. For me, it always comes down to fries or nachos.
We decided to combine both of the dishes in today's post. These oven baked loaded potato nachos have everything you love.
Bacon, cheese, green onion, and sour cream adorn a plate piled with crisp baked chips.
This offering can serve two to three people. However, if you're making them for a crowd, just multiply the measurements by the number of guests.
If you make a little extra, I promise, no one will complain.
In regards to making the loaded potato nachos, I have a few tips, including a couple of words of caution.
First, try to ensure you cut the taters the same width. The closer they are in width, the more evenly they will cook.
Second, I would avoid using an expensive olive oil for this one.
The only reason is that you're not going to taste it once everything is smothered in righteous toppings.
The last tip is to make sure all the chips are evenly coated with the oil and salt.
Otherwise, you might notice subtle differences in texture and taste (from the missing salt). As you can see, it's a pretty simple loaded potato dish to prepare.
I encourage you to make it for your next game day party or just as an afternoon snack to be shared with a loved one.
In closing, I wish everyone a long life, love everlasting, and a tummy full of fries and nachos!
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 2 Idaho potatoes, sliced into thin chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 slices bacon, cooked, chopped
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup green onions, or chives; chopped
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- First, preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Evenly slice the potatoes into chips, making sure they are all the same thickness.2 Idaho potatoes
- Toss the chips with the olive oil and seasoned salt and place them on a sheet to bake for approximately 30 minutes. Try to flip them halfway through the cooking process.½ teaspoon seasoned salt1 tablespoon olive oil
- As your potatoes bake, go ahead and cook your bacon and chop it into pieces. Additionally, slice your onions and shred your cheese.3 slices bacon
- Last, layer the cooked chips on a plate and top them with the cheese, onions, bacon, and sour cream. Serve the dish while it's hot.2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese¼ cup green onions⅓ cup sour cream