Our moist peanut butter bread is a simple bread that combines creamy peanut butter with a few pantry staples to create a delicious dessert!
As you may have already guessed, we have quite a few quick breads on the website.
Today, we’re adding our moist and delicious peanut butter bread. It’s so quick and easy to prepare.
In fact, it takes longer to cool than it does to cook. Best of all, it only has 6-steps from start to finish.
Now that you know what you’re in for, how about we get started?
How to make peanut butter bread from scratch?
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
Use the whisk to combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
Next, grab a large mixing bowl and a hand mixer with beaters.
Using the hand mixer, combine the peanut butter and brown sugar.
Once the mixture is smooth and creamy, mix in the cracked egg.
Now, once the egg has been incorporated, start adding the dry ingredients and buttermilk to the peanut butter mixture.
Only add half of the dry ingredients at a time along with the buttermilk.
Don’t just dump everything in at once. Slowly mix the batter on low speed.
Then, once the batter is combined, transfer it to the prepared loaf pan.
Put the pan into the oven to bake for about 45-minutes or until it can pass the, “toothpick,” test.
Last, when the quick bread is done, let it cool in the pan for about 10-minutes before moving it to a cooling rack.
Also, be sure to let it cool completely before slicing. That’s it, your peanut butter bread is done!
Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
- It’s easy to overmix the batter, so be sure to keep your hand mixer on low speed when combining the wet and dry ingredients.
- While we’ve never tried it, I’m confident you could use crunchy peanut butter. However, if the batter looks too dry, then you can always add a little more buttermilk to the recipe.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or roasted peanuts would make great additions to your peanut butter bread.
Peanut Butter BreadPrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.2 cups all-purpose flour2 teaspoons baking powder½ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a separate large bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the brown sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Add the egg, and continue to mix until well incorporated.1 cup light brown sugar½ cup creamy peanut butter1 large egg
- Alternate adding half dry ingredients and buttermilk into the peanut butter mixture. Mix the ingredients on low speed just until combined after each addition.1 cup buttermilk
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. About halfway through the cook time, it may be necessary to fold a piece of aluminum foil in half and place it loosely over the top to prevent over browning.
- After the bread bakes, allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes in the pan before transferring it to a wire rack. Cool completely before slicing. Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 3-days.