*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
A quick and easy raspberry simple syrup you can create in your own kitchen. Use this syrup to flavor cocktails, drinks, snow cones, and sodas.
Sometimes it can be difficult to find flavored syrups. Especially, if you live in a small town or rural area.
For today’s post, we’re sharing our raspberry simple syrup recipe. Kim used frozen raspberries to create a tasty syrup you can use in your own kitchen.
What can I make with raspberry syrup?
Well, you can make a lot of tasty treats. Take a look at the list below for some ideas.
- Raspberry Popsicle
- Raspberry Snow Cones
- Raspberry Cocktails
- Raspberry Italian Soda
- Salad dressings and Raspberry Vinaigrettes
- Use it as a topping for ice creams and cakes
- Use it to flavor frostings
How to make a raspberry simple syrup?
First, place the frozen raspberries, water, sugar, and lemon juice into a medium sized saucepan.
After that, place the pan over medium heat and bring the liquid to a simmer. Make sure to stir the ingredients until the sugar has fully dissolved.
Next, let the berry syrup continue to simmer for another 9-minutes. If needed, reduce the heat to keep the liquid from coming to a full boil.
Then, once the syrup has cooked down a little, remove it from the heat and let it cool for about 15-minutes.
Last, strain the raspberry simple syrup to remove the fruit and seeds. It can be stored in your fridge for up to 7-days in a sealed container.
That’s it, the recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy this syrup and we wish you all the best 🙂
- You may want to strain the syrup twice just to make sure you’ve removed all the solid pieces.
- Try to avoid letting the syrup boil; otherwise, it could stick and burn.
- The longer the simple syrup cools, the more intense the flavor becomes.
- To thicken the raspberry syrup, consider adding a corn starch slurry to the mixture just before it finishes cooking.
Looking for more raspberry recipes?
- Instant Pot White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Dip
- Gluten-Free Crepes with Raspberry Filling
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen and our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes!
Raspberry Simple Syrup Recipe
- 16 Ounces Raspberries (frozen)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice (fresh squeezed)
- Place the raspberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low-medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Allow the mixture to continue to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until the fruit has broken down.
- Remove from heat, and allow the mixture to cool for 10 to 15 minutes or longer if desired. Pour the mixture through a mesh sieve to remove the fruit pieces and seeds.
- Use the raspberry syrup to flavor sodas, alcohol based drinks, or as a drizzle for desserts. Store the leftover in the refrigerator for up to a week.