*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our blueberry simple syrup recipe shows you how to make a sweet blueberry syrup from scratch. Use it to flavor cocktails, drinks, and sodas!
If you follow our blog then you know Kim and I love to make drinks. We have a good collection of beverages and cocktails.
Since we already have a raspberry simple syrup, we decided to add a blueberry simple syrup recipe to the collection.
How do I make homemade sodas?
Creating your own sodas at home is really easy. All you need is a flavored simple syrup for drinks and some club soda or tonic water.
Simply grab a glass, put in some ice, and add the syrup and the carbonated water. Stir the mixture with a spoon.
Go ahead and play with amounts of each ingredient to get the flavor you want. Also, keep an eye on our blog for the next weeks.
Kim and I will be adding a lot of flavored syrups and non-alcoholic drink recipes. We want to be ready for those warm Summer days.
How to make blueberry simple syrup from scratch?
It only takes 4 ingredients to make this recipe. However, you will need a way to strain the syrup and a container with a lid to store it.
First, place the blueberries, water, sugar, and lemon into a medium saucepan. Place the pan over low-medium heat.
Next, let the mixture come to a simmer. You’ll need to stir the syrup until the all the sugar dissolves.
Afterward, it’s a good idea to mash the berries as they cook. Kim used a wooden spoon for that step.
Once the mixture has cooked for about 8-10 minutes, turn off the heat. Then, let the syrup cool for about 10-15 minutes.
At this point, it’s time to strain the blueberry syrup. Typically, we use a mesh sieve to strain our drinks.
But, as long as you have a strainer that keeps the fruit from passing through, it should work perfectly fine.
Last, store the finished syrup in a container with a lid. Of course, a mason jar works perfectly, but you can use whatever you have. Also, store it in your fridge.
That’s it, the blueberry simple syrup recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the sweet blueberry flavor and wish you all the best 🙂
Looking for more homemade drink options?
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
Blueberry Simple Syrup Recipe
- 16 Ounces Blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice (fresh or 1/4-tsp concentrate)
- Place the blueberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low-medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Use a wooden spoon or potato masher to smash the blueberries as they cook. Allow the mixture to continue to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until the fruit has broken down.
- Remove from heat, and allow the mixture to cool for 10 to 15 minutes or longer if desired. Pour the mixture through a mesh sieve to remove the fruit pieces.
- Store the syrup in a sealed container in your fridge for up to a week.