*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our blueberry simple syrup recipe shows you how to make a sweet blueberry syrup from scratch. Use it to flavor cocktails, drinks, and sodas!
If you follow our blog then you know Kim and I love to make drinks. We have a good collection of beverages and cocktails.
Since we already have a raspberry simple syrup, we decided to add a blueberry simple syrup recipe to the collection.
How do I make homemade sodas?
Creating your own sodas at home is really easy. All you need is a flavored simple syrup for drinks and some club soda or tonic water.
Simply grab a glass, put in some ice, and add the syrup and the carbonated water. Stir the mixture with a spoon.
Go ahead and play with amounts of each ingredient to get the flavor you want. Also, keep an eye on our blog for the next weeks.
Kim and I will be adding a lot of flavored syrups and non-alcoholic drink recipes. We want to be ready for those warm Summer days.
How to make blueberry simple syrup from scratch?
It only takes 4 ingredients to make this recipe. However, you will need a way to strain the syrup and a container with a lid to store it.
First, place the blueberries, water, sugar, and lemon into a medium saucepan. Place the pan over low-medium heat.
Next, let the mixture come to a simmer. You’ll need to stir the syrup until the all the sugar dissolves.
Afterward, it’s a good idea to mash the berries as they cook. Kim used a wooden spoon for that step.
Once the mixture has cooked for about 8-10 minutes, turn off the heat. Then, let the syrup cool for about 10-15 minutes.
At this point, it’s time to strain the blueberry syrup. Typically, we use a mesh sieve to strain our drinks.
But, as long as you have a strainer that keeps the fruit from passing through, it should work perfectly fine.
Last, store the finished syrup in a container with a lid. Of course, a mason jar works perfectly, but you can use whatever you have. Also, store it in your fridge.
That’s it, the blueberry simple syrup recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the sweet blueberry flavor and wish you all the best 🙂
Looking for more homemade drink options?
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen and our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes!
Blueberry Simple Syrup Recipe
- 16 Ounces Blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice (fresh or 1/4-tsp concentrate)
- Place the blueberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low-medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Use a wooden spoon or potato masher to smash the blueberries as they cook. Allow the mixture to continue to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until the fruit has broken down.
- Remove from heat, and allow the mixture to cool for 10 to 15 minutes or longer if desired. Pour the mixture through a mesh sieve to remove the fruit pieces.
- Store the syrup in a sealed container in your fridge for up to a week.