A hearty stove top taco soup recipe made with beef, beans, corn, chiles, tomatoes, and a mixture of zesty seasonings!
While it’s still technically Summer, the Fall season is just around the corner. So, for today, we’re sharing my stove top taco soup.
It’s a soup that eats like a hearty chili recipe. Best of all, it’s loaded with ground beef, onions, beans, corn, and chiles.
The hardest part is waiting for the soup to cook. But, trust me, it’s worth the wait. So, shall we get cooking?
What goes with taco soup?
Honestly, just about anything. In fact, you can top your taco soup with Doritos, sour cream, cheese or anything you desire.
Go crazy and make a loaded taco soup for your family. Our recipe can be used as a base and can be easily modified.
How to make stove top taco soup from scratch?
To begin, starting with a stock pot over medium heat. In that pan, combine the onions and ground beef.
Let everything cook for 10-15 minutes or until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Make sure to stir the mix around to break up the meat.
Afterward, add both the seasoning packets. Let that mixture cook on the stove top for another 2-3 minutes.
All that is left to do is add the beans, corn, Rotel, and the water. Stir everything together in the pot and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes.
That’s it, the recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
Can’t get enough soup? Then check out our new chicken potato soup without milk.
- The longer you let the taco soup simmer determines its thickness. So, if you want it really thick like ours, then let it cook down for a bit.
- You can top it with whatever you like. Kim’s Grandmother loves hers with Cool Ranch Doritos. We tried cheese, green onions, sour cream, and tortilla chips. It was all wonderful.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 16 Ounces Ground Beef, (lean if available)
- 1 Large Spanish or White Onion, diced
- 1 1 Ounce Packet of Dry Ranch Mix
- 1 1 Ounce Packet of Mild Taco Seasoning
- 1 15 Ounce Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 Ounce Can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.25 Ounce Can Yellow Corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 10 Ounce Can Rotel
- 4.5 Cups Water
- First, in a large saucepan or soup pot, combine the ground beef and chopped onions to cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Afterward, add the two seasoning mixes and let everything simmer for an additional two to three minutes.
- Next, add the cans of beans, corn, and cups of water.
- Last, let the soup simmer over medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes. Now, the soup is ready to serve. Top it with crunchy tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese, green onions or any other toppings you desire.
The calories listed are based on the ingredients and approximately one cup of soup with no toppings. Actual calories may vary. Soup can be stored in your fridge for up to three days in a sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1.5 Cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 790mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 27g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.