A hearty stove top taco soup recipe made with beef, beans, corn, chiles, tomatoes, and a mixture of zesty seasonings!
While it's still technically Summer, the Fall season is just around the corner. So, for today, we're sharing my stove top taco soup.
It's a soup that eats like a hearty chili recipe. Best of all, it's loaded with ground beef, onions, beans, corn, and chiles.
The hardest part is waiting for the soup to cook. But, trust me, it's worth the wait. So, shall we get cooking?
What goes with taco soup?
Honestly, just about anything. In fact, you can top your taco soup with Doritos, sour cream, cheese or anything you desire.
Go crazy and make a loaded taco soup for your family. Our recipe can be used as a base and can be easily modified.
How to make stove top taco soup from scratch?
To begin, starting with a stock pot over medium heat. In that pan, combine the onions and ground beef.
Let everything cook for 10-15 minutes or until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Make sure to stir the mix around to break up the meat.
Afterward, add both the seasoning packets. Let that mixture cook on the stove top for another 2-3 minutes.
All that is left to do is add the beans, corn, Rotel, and the water. Stir everything together in the pot and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes.
That's it, the recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
Can't get enough soup? Then check out our new chicken potato soup without milk.
- The longer you let the taco soup simmer determines its thickness. So, if you want it really thick like ours, then let it cook down for a bit.
- You can top it with whatever you like. Kim's Grandmother loves hers with Cool Ranch Doritos. We tried cheese, green onions, sour cream, and tortilla chips. It was all wonderful.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 ounce ranch seasoning mix
- 1 ounce mild taco seasoning
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ½ ounces pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ½ ounces sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounce diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 4 ½ cups water
- First, in a large saucepan or soup pot, combine the ground beef and chopped onions to cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Afterward, add the two seasoning mixes and let everything simmer for an additional two to three minutes.16 ounces ground beef1 white onion1 ounce ranch seasoning mix1 ounce mild taco seasoning
- Next, add the cans of beans, corn, tomatoes and green chiles, and cups of water.15 ounces black beans15 ½ ounces pinto beans15 ½ ounces sweet corn4 ½ cups water10 ounce diced tomatoes and green chiles
- Last, let the soup simmer over medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes. Now, the soup is ready to serve. Top it with crunchy tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese, green onions or any other toppings you desire.