*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
A Tuscan chicken pasta featuring sauteed chicken breast, sun-dried tomatoes, and a rich, creamy sauce. It’s an Italian inspired dish you don’t want to miss!
It’s Monday, you know what that means for a lot of people, right? Back to the grind. Now, you have to balance a job and making a tasty meal.
Fortunately, our Tuscan chicken pasta can be made in less than forty-five (45) minutes. So, that means you don’t have stand in the kitchen all evening after working a long day.
Not only is it a quick dinner idea, it’s also a really tasty chicken recipe. Sautéed chicken served with a warm, filling sauce loaded with cheese, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes.
The perfect, crowd pleasing dinner for any night of the week. I could go on and on about how good it is, but I’d rather you try it for yourself.
Let’s get cooking so we can close out your day with a little comfort food.
Tuscan Chicken Pasta Instructions:
The first thing you want to do is get the pasta going. Next to the chicken, it’s going to be the most time-consuming part of the recipe.
Begin by cooking the pasta per the box or bag directions. Drain it and set it off to the side once it’s done.
While the pasta water heats and then cooks the noodles, go ahead grab a large skillet or sauté pan. Put it over low-medium heat.
You could let the pan come to temperature while you season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt , pepper, and one (1) tablespoon of Italian seasonings.
Place the chicken into the pan and let it cook for about five (5) minutes on each side. On the chance you couldn’t get thinly sliced breasts, this step might take longer.
Either way, the meat should be lightly browned with clear juices. Afterward, when the chicken is done, remove it from the pan because it’s time to make the sauce.
Reduce the heat to low and add the broth, cream, garlic powder, and the rest of the Italian seasoning blend.
Now, the sauce will start to steam, when it does, stir in the Parmesan cheese. Make sure to whisk in the cheese as it melts.
Turn up the heat to medium and let the sauce simmer for about six (6) minutes. The sauce will thicken towards the six (6) minute mark.
At that time, you can stir in the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Let everything cook for another three (3) minutes.
All that’s left to do is put the chicken into the sauce and serve the dish over your pasta. That’s it, your Tuscan chicken pasta is done!
Kim and I sincerely hope you enjoy this offering from Berly’s Kitchen, LLC. As always, we wish you the best 🙂
Tuscan Chicken Pasta Tips:
Alright, let’s talk about how to reduce the calories, fat, etc. in this recipe. You have a couple of options.
For example, you can split a serving or use half a pound of chicken (chopped) instead of a pound. Also, you can substitute half and half or whole milk for the heavy cream or use reduced fat Parmesan cheese.
Remember, the thinner the chicken breast, the faster it will cook. Cutting the chicken into bite sized chunks or strips will also help reduce cooking times.
When making the sauce, don’t rush it. Heavy cream will break if it’s heated too quickly.
If your sauce breaks, you can make a corn starch slurry that will thicken it up and, “kind of,” mask the broken cream. I say kind of because a trained cook will know the difference.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 8 Ounces Fettuccine Noodles, (or other long pasta)
- 1 Lb. Chicken Breast, (thinly sliced)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasonings, (for the chicken)
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasonings, (for the sauce)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, (by volume, shredded)
- 2 Cups Spinach, (fresh, chopped)
- 1 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Cook the pasta per the package instructions and set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, season chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings. Then heat a medium skillet over low-medium heat. Add the olive oil and chicken breasts.
- Cook the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. The centers of the chicken breasts should no longer be pink, and the juices should run clear. If the chicken breasts are thick, they will take longer than 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Set the chicken aside to rest, and adjust the temperature of the pan to low. Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. When the mixture begins to steam (not bubble), add the Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk the cheese until it is completely melted, and adjust the heat to medium. Continue to whisk and allow the sauce to thicken (about 5-7 minutes). Then add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Allow the sauce to simmer for 3-5 minutes until the spinach begins to wilt. Turn off the heat and add the chicken back to the sauce. Serve the chicken and sauce over the pasta.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of four (4) ounces of chicken and two (2) ounces of pasta with about half a cup (1/2) of the sauce. Additionally, the shredded Parmesan cheese seen in the pictures (garnishing the pasta) is not a part of the calories listed. Actual calories will vary. Store any leftovers in a sealed container, in your fridge, for up to three (3) days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 998Total Fat: 62gSaturated Fat: 33gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 253mgSodium: 1458mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 6gSugar: 12gProtein: 48g