A simple Vodka Cranberry cocktail perfectly balanced to quench your thirst for a sweet, yet tart beverage. Vodka blended with a simple syrup, cranberry juice and a touch of lime is all you need.
If you live in the United States, then Thanksgiving is this Thursday. Let's face it, after all that cooking and hard work, you're going to need drink. Why not mix up a cocktail that celebrates the festive season?
Cranberries are still in season and make the perfect garnish for this vodka cranberry cocktail. This recipe creates a tart drink, so if you like your adult beverages a little on the sweet side, then I recommend increasing the amount of simple syrup.
Now that my little disclaimer has been made we can get down to business. Our vodka cranberry only has four ingredients and can be mixed in a matter of seconds.
Best of all, I added a little shortcut to making a rustic simple syrup. The hardest part of the recipe is juicing the lime. (If you're looking for an even easier drink, try out Chambord and Prosecco with only 2 ingredients!)
A word of caution on the lime juice, please try to use fresh because the concentrated stuff can overpower the sweetness of the cranberries and the syrup.
How to Make a Vodka Cranberry Cocktail:
- First, juice the lime or use store bought lime juice. However, the store bought stuff is a concentrate so use just a dash of it in place of the fresh stuff.
- Next, add ice to your shaker. You'll only want to put a few cubes in their to chill the drink as it mixes. Also, go ahead and fill your glass about half-full of ice.
- Pour the cranberry juice, vodka, simple syrup, and lime juice into your shaker and seal the lid.
- Last, shake the cocktail shaker to mix the ingredients. Once your tart drink is mixed, pour the vodka cranberry into a 6-ounce cocktail glass and serve.
Recipe Tips and Variations:
- You can add about half an ounce of Triple-Sec to the drink or use a citrus flavored vodka to create another layer of flavor.
- For a sugar-free alternative, try using sugar-free cranberry juice and agave nectar or Stevia in place of the simple syrup.
- If you don't have a shaker cup(s), no worries, simply start with a glass with ice in it then layer the following ingredients in this order; cranberry juice, lime juice, simple syrup, and vodka. Use a spoon and give the cocktail a quick stir. It's not exactly the same, but it works nonetheless.
- This vodka cranberry is lightly sweetened, so add some extra simple syrup to reach the desired sweetness.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 3 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- 1 ½ ounces simple syrup
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, (juice from ½ medium lime)
- In a sealable container, combine water and powdered sugar. Whisk or seal container and shake, until sugar has dissolved and set aside.1 cup water⅓ cup powdered sugar
Mixing the Cocktail
- In a cocktail shaker combine cranberry juice, vodka, simple syrup and lime juice.3 ounces cranberry juice1 ½ ounces vodka1 ½ ounces simple syrup½ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Then, shake the mixer vigorously for approximately ten seconds.
- Last, pour the drink into a 6-ounce glass and garnish it with a lime wedge or fresh cranberries.