Antipasto Pasta Salad – Tender tortellini, savory Italian meats, vegetables, mozzarella cheese and homemade Italian dressing come together to create an amazing Antipasto Pasta Salad that’s perfect for summer picnics, BBQs, and potlucks.
Pasta salads are some of our go-to meals during the warmer months. They’re light, flavorful, and short on preparation time. In fact, a few of our favorites are Tuna Pasta Salad, Cold Pasta Salad with Vegetables, Dill Pickle Pasta Salad, and this Antipasto Pasta Salad, of course!
Tortellini Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is perfect for potlucks, picnics, and get togethers. Make it ahead of time, and grab it on the way out the door. How great does that sound?
Chop up your favorite antipasto ingredients, toss with cooked tortellini, drizzle on some Italian dressing, and give the pasta salad a good toss. Refrigerate, and serve!
This antipasto pasta salad is sure to impress even the pickiest of eaters. It’s always a family favorite, so we know you’ll love it as much as we do!
How To Make Antipasto Pasta Salad
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions, rinse with cold water, drain, and place in a large bowl.
- Combine the tortellini, pepperoni, salami, olives, bell pepper, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, pepperoncini, and artichoke hearts.
- Pour half the salad dressing over the top of the ingredients, and toss to combine.
- Cover the pasta salad, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Finally, add extra Italian dressing, Italian seasoning, fresh parsley, shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, and croutons. Serve chilled and enjoy.
- Cut the pepperoni and salami into 1/2-inch pieces in order to keep all the ingredients roughly the same size.
- Use cheese tortellini instead of meat filled tortellini.
- Fresh mozzarella is our top choice. However, block or shredded mozzarella cheese is a good replacement.
- Use your favorite olives for the best flavor.
- Adjust the Italian dressing to taste. You may not need the entire amount listed in the recipe.
- Refrigerate this antipasto pasta salad for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
Make ahead: This pasta salad can be prepared up to 3 days in advance, and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Freezer: Freezing is not recommended.
- 1 (20 ounce) package fresh tortellini, cooked and cooled
- 8 ounces pepperoni, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 8 ounces Genoa salami, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 3 ounces pitted green olives
- 3 ounces pitted kalamata olives
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 10 peppercinis
- 1 (8 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Optional: Italian seasoning
- In a large salad bowl, combine the tortellini, pepperoni, salami, olives, bell pepper, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, peppercinis and artichoke hearts.
- Pour half the salad dressing over the top of the ingredients and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Add additional Italian dressing, shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese, or croutons just prior to serving if desired.
- See post for storage options.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 cup of pasta salad. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
*Photos courtesy of Family Dinners Photography.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 1586mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 15g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.