Bisquick Breakfast Casserole is an easy to make breakfast that’ll make even the sleepiest night owls jump out of bed in the morning! This scrumptious breakfast casserole features a base layer of Bisquick crust that’s topped off deliciously with a flavor-packed egg mixture. It’s all baked to perfection in just under an hour!
Be sure to wash this hearty casserole down with a freshly made Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso. It’s so much better (and less expensive) than Starbucks!
Bisquick Breakfast Casserole
Good morning, friends! If you’re looking for a morning feast that’ll feed a small crowd, you’ve certainly found it. This Bisquick egg bake is perfect for serving to those overnight guests you really want to impress.
I also like to bring it in tow to brunch parties - it pairs fabulously with a Strawberry Mimosa! A super easy to make Bisquick crust is topped off with an egg mixture that features ham, onions, cheese, and more.
This breakfast checks all of the right boxes - it’s easy to make, protein-packed, and flavorful as can be!
How to Make a Bisquick Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 375°F spray a baking dish.
- Combine the baking mix, milk, and 2 tablespoons of mayo. Spread the mixture into the baking dish with a greased spatula. It’ll be sticky!
- Evenly spread the diced ham and onions over the crust.
- Whisk together the eggs, 2 more tablespoon of mayo, and seasonings. Stir in the cheese and green chiles. Evenly spread this mixture into the dish.
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes. Then, take off the foil and keep baking for another 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Bisquick Breakfast Casserole
- Make sure the casserole is cooked all the way through before you remove it from the oven! Do so by sticking a thin knife directly into the center of the casserole. Once it comes out clean with no residue, it’s fully cooked.
- Feel free to top your Bisquick egg casserole off with some bacon bits, green onions, or whatever else your heart desires.
- The crust layer will be sticky, so be sure to spread it into the pan with a greased utensil.
- Use 4 large eggs instead of 2 for maximum fluffiness in the egg layer of your breakfast casserole.
- Layer ham, bacon, sausage crumbles, or vegetables over the bottom crust before evenly pouring in the egg mixture on top.
You can keep your leftovers fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days. Just be sure to first let the casserole cool fully to room temperature before transferring it into an airtight food storage container.
Why is my casserole so moist?
You may notice that this casserole is a bit more moist than other egg casseroles. This is because the green chilis and ham tend to lend a bit of moisture to the eggs.
An option is to blot the green chiles dry with a paper towel after draining them or omit them from the recipe if you prefer a drier casserole.
Is this breakfast casserole spicy?
In my opinion, no it is not. The green chiles and Monterey jack cheese certainly lend flavor, but not necessarily spice. However, everyone’s tastes are different, so plan accordingly!
Can this casserole be made ahead of time?
Yes, it can! Assemble it as written, but don't bake.
Cover it tightly in plastic wrap then refrigerate overnight. Allow the casserole to sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before baking.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- ⅓ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 8 ounces cooked ham, diced
- ¼ cup white onion, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded off the block
- 4 ounces green chiles, 1 (4 ounce) can; drained
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the baking mix, milk, and 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Using a greased spatula, spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish.1 cup Bisquick baking mix⅓ cup milk
- Distribute the diced ham and onions over the baking mix layer.8 ounces cooked ham¼ cup white onion
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, remaining 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, ground mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese and green chiles. Spread the mixture over the ham and onions.2 large eggs1 teaspoon ground mustardSalt and pepper2 cups Monterey jack cheese4 ounces green chiles
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and continue baking for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with your favorite breakfast sides!
- See post for tips, FAQs, and storage options.