Serving a Breakfast Taco Board is the BEST way to entertain your guests in the morning! Whether you have family in from out of town or neighbors popping by to say hello, they’ll all be delighted with this easy to assemble board. Everyone can make their breakfast taco exactly how they want – what more could you ask for?!
I love entertaining, and I love a good board! Next time you’re hosting a get together with friends, consider tossing together a Baseball Snack Board, a 4th of July Snack Board, or my favorite S’mores Board.
Breakfast Taco Board
How do you like your breakfast taco? Chances are, it’s probably a little different than how your friend or family member likes theirs!
Whether you’re all about the hot sauce or like to pack on the veggies, everyone enjoys different breakfast tacos. Why not celebrate those delicious differences with a party-ready board?!
Presenting a Breakfast Taco Board is always fun, because everyone gets involved and gets to toss together their favorite ingredients into a soft tortilla. Extra cheese on mine, please!
How to Make a Breakfast Taco Board
If your board doesn’t look just like mine does, no worries. Every taco board will be a little different, just like the tacos themselves!
- Prepare your ingredients. You’ll need to cook the meat (sausage, ham, bacon, or scrambled eggs) and chop up the veggies. Place them in various areas all around the taco board.
- I like to add little bowls filled with different ingredients all over my board. It helps keep things nice and neat.
- Serve with all the right fixins!
Tips and Variations
- If you’re looking for the best eggs to place on your board, our Fluffy Scrambled Eggs are a great option! They’re cooked at a low temperature to create the best consistency.
- If you’re in a pinch, buy a bag of already diced potatoes from the grocery store. You can dice them up yourself, but first thing in the morning when I’m sleepy… I appreciate having them already chopped!
- Speaking of waking up, consider prepping most of if not all of the ingredients the night before, then just warm everything up in the morning. It’ll make assembling this breakfast board even easier!
- Let’s talk tortillas (one of my favorite subjects)! You can use corn or flour, whichever your guests prefer. I would slightly warm the tortillas up in a skillet and place them in a tortilla warmer until you are ready to use.
- If you’re now dreaming of more breakfast taco combinations you could try out, check out our Chorizo Tacos or Pancakes and Sausage Breakfast Tacos.
Can I make a vegetarian taco board?
Sure thing! You can either omit the meat entirely or swap it for a plant based alternative. Black beans are also a great option.
How can I make this board spicy?
Besides presenting a bottle of tasty hot sauce on the board, you can always feel free to offer a bowl of jalapeño peppers and chorizo as well. Fresh jalapeños in a breakfast taco is a spicy kick start to the day that’s always a real treat!
Storage: The components of this taco board are best enjoyed immediately and do not hold up well to storing.
- Scrambled eggs
- Crumbled breakfast sausage
- Crumbled chorizo
- Crumbled bacon
- diced potatoes
- Chopped onions
- Green onions
- Chopped tomato
- Sliced jalapeños
- Hot sauce
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla shells
- Cook all meat for the tacos and prepare all vegetables, and place them in various places around the board.
- Add all your favorite breakfast taco ingredients to the board in small bowls if you choose.
- Serve with warm tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and pico de gallo and enjoy!
- See post for tips and storage options.