Three cheers for the red, white, and blue…4th of July Snack Board? Close enough! Get your patriotic pride on with this fun and delicious themed snack board! Filled with your favorite American flag colored favorites like AirHeads, strawberry wafers, M&Ms, and a custom holiday snack mix. Serve this festive board at any Independence Day celebration and you might just win out over the fireworks display!
4th of July Snack Board
Summer is in full swing, and with summer comes Independence Day! What better way to celebrate our nation than with snacks? What’s more all American than that? This 4th of July Snack Board will thrill kids and adults at any backyard BBQ or party potluck.
Like with all of our snack boards, what you put on it is totally up to you. This one is themed to match the holiday and is filled with red, white, and blue favorites. Add more of what you love, or take away any ingredients that aren’t to your tastes.
That’s what freedom’s all about, right? Quick and easy to arrange, this board is perfect to munch on while watching your annual fireworks display!
- 4th of July Snack Mix
- Cherry Sour Balls
- Twizzler cherry bites
- Dove milk chocolates
- Ghirardelli sea salt and caramel squares
- Strawberry wafer cookies
- Pepperidge Farms Verona strawberry cookies
- Red, white, and blue M&M’s
- Red, white, and blue Airhead bites
- Strawberry fruit chews
- Alphabet cookies (specifically the “U”, “S”, and “A” cookies)
How to Make a 4th of July Snack Board
- First up, go ahead and prepare the 4th of July Snack Mix according to the recipe.
- Choose a large serving board or tray and place a colorful serving bowl filled with the snack mix in the center.
- Around the center bowl add several smaller serving bowls filled with the cherry sour balls, cherry bites, Dove milk chocolates (in the blue wrappers), and Ghirardelli sea salt chocolates. Arrange them toward the corners of the board.
- Fill in the empty spaces with the strawberry wafers, strawberry cookies, M&Ms, airhead bites, and strawberry fruit chews.
- Create a fun 4th of July saying with the alphabet cookies and voila!
- Serve and celebrate!
Tips and Variations:
- Feel free to completely customize your board! Add anything you like or that fits your theme, take away anything that’s not for you.
- This is just a jumping off point, you can absolutely use this for multiple holidays or events. Simply switch up your color scheme of candies and serving ware.
- When it comes to the snack mix, make sure to work quickly since the chocolate sets fairly fast.
- If you want to do a slightly healthier version, swap out the sweets for colorful fruits like strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, and blueberries, and a white a fruit dip (something with a yogurt base). You can even cut the watermelon into stars for that star spangled finishing touch.
Storage: Store each element of this snack board separately. We don’t recommend storing the completed board as a whole.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- Prepare the 4th of July Snack Mix, and choose a large serving board.4th of July Snack Mix
- Place the snack mix in a colorful serving bowl in the center of the board.
- Next, add several small bowls filled with the cherry sour balls, cherry bites, Dove milk chocolates, and Ghirardelli sea salt chocolates, to the board, arranging them in the corners.Cherry Sour BallsTwizzler Cherry BitesDove Milk ChocolatesGhirardelli Sea Salt and Caramel Squares
- Then, add the strawberry wafers, strawberry cookies, M&Ms, Airhead Bites, and strawberry fruit chews, filling the empty spaces.Strawberry Wafer CookiesPepperidge Farms Verona Strawberry CookiesRed White and Blue M&M’sRed White and Blue Airhead bitesStrawberry Fruit Chews
- Lastly, create a fun 4th of July message with the alphabet cookies.Alphabet Cookies
- Serve and enjoy! See post for storage options.