Celebrate Independence Day with this fun 4th of July Snack Mix! Salty, sweet, and utterly addictive, this snack mix might just outshine the fireworks display. Made with cereal pieces, sweet and salty kettle corn, gooey melted white chocolate, mini pretzels, and stuffed with red, white, and blue chocolate coated candies and sprinkles for that patriotic pizazz!
Use this snack mix as the centerpiece on a fun 4th of July Snack Board. Or, have it for sweet dessert after a dinner of Sausage and Potato Foil Packets or Cheese Stuffed Burgers.
4th of July Snack Mix
Everyone loves a good snack mix, and this 4th of July version does not disappoint. It’s the perfect balance of salty and sweet flavors with a crunch that can’t be beat.
Check out our Halloween Snack Mix and Salty Sweet Christmas Chex Mix Recipe for more holiday snack inspiration.
How to Make 4th of July Snack Mix
- Take a large baking sheet (or two smaller ones) and line with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Combine the Chex cereal and popcorn in a large mixing bowl. Set this aside as well.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the white chocolate chips (or candy melts). Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until fully melted. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal and popcorn. Gently stir until everything is well coated.
- Dump the mixture onto the baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Add the sprinkles and chocolate coated candies in an even layer over the popcorn and cereal. Let the mixture cool completely to room temperature. Typically about 10 minutes.
- Once this has cooled, break the bark into pieces and place them in a large bowl. Add the mini pretzels and mix to combine.
- Serve as is or place the mix into individual cups. You can also store this mix in an airtight container until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- This mix can easily be customized for any holiday or event! Just switch the sprinkles and candies for whatever colors match the holiday or theme of the event.
- You can double this recipe if feeding a larger crowd.
- Be sure to let the 4th of July snack mix cool completely before mixing with the pretzels otherwise the melted chocolate won’t hold together.
- Feel free to customize this mix. Try out different types of cereal, use chips instead of popcorn, swap the white chocolate for milk chocolate, whatever you prefer and want to experiment with!
- Chopped nuts are a nice addition as well.
- Work quickly when coating the cereal and popcorn in the melted chocolate as it does start to set fast.
Storage: You can store leftover 4th of July snack mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. This recipe is perfect to make ahead of time prior to a party.
Freezer: You can freeze this mix as well! Once mixed, store in a freezer safe container for 3 months. Thaw to room temperature and snack away.
More Summertime Snack Recipes:
4th of July Snack MixPrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups rice squares cereal similar to Rice Chex
- 2 cups kettle corn popcorn
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons red, white, and blue sprinkles
- ½ cup red, white, and blue chocolate coated candies (similar to M&Ms)
- 2 cups mini pretzels twists
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal and popcorn. Set aside.4 cups rice squares cereal2 cups kettle corn popcorn
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the white chocolate chips, and pour them over the cereal and popcorn. Gently stir until the cereal and popcorn are well coated.11 ounces white chocolate chips
- Spread the mixture across the prepared baking sheet. Distribute the sprinkles and chocolate candies in an even layer over the top. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.2 tablespoons red, white, and blue sprinkles½ cup red, white, and blue chocolate coated candies
- Once cool, break the snack mix into pieces and place them into a large bowl. Mix in the mini pretzels and stir to combine.2 cups mini pretzels twists
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container. See post for storage options.