Popcorn bars are a gooey, sweet snack that’s loaded with melted marshmallows, chocolate candies, and savory peanuts.
I can’t believe it’s already October. That means it’s the busiest time of the year for food enthusiasts.
The next 3 months are going to be filled with amazing recipes and new memories to create with family and friends.
Speaking of amazing recipes, today we’re sharing Kim’s tasty popcorn bars. They’re made with marshmallows.
So, as you can imagine, these dessert bars are gooey, sweet, and delicious.
All you need are 5-ingredients to create them for yourself. The hardest part is waiting for them cool.
Now that you know what you’re in for, how about we get started?
How to make popcorn bars with marshmallows?
First, you’ll need a large mixing bowl. I recommend a heat-safe bowl.
After that, coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or unsalted butter.
Next, place a medium saucepan over low heat. Add in the large marshmallows and unsalted butter.
Stir the mixture as it melts. It’s important to keep the marshmallows moving; otherwise, they could scorch and burn.
Once it’s completely melted, carefully pour the mixture over the popcorn.
Afterward, stir everything together to create a sticky snack mix.
Now, Kim buttered her hands for the next step. You don’t have to, but I figured I would share that tip.
Transfer the peanut mixture to the baking dish. Be careful, because it will be warm.
Press the sticky bars into place and set the dish aside. The popcorn bars need to cool for an hour.
Last, once the snack bars have cooled for about 60-minutes, go ahead and cut them into squares and serve.
That’s it, your popcorn bars recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the treat and wish you all the best 🙂
- For popcorn bars without marshmallows, consider using peanut butter or a modified caramel sauce.
- You can add even more peanut flavor by substituting peanut butter in place of the butter (when melting the marshmallows).
- This recipe is a simple base. Don’t be afraid to add your favorite types of candies or roasted nuts.
- If you use small marshmallows, then you’ll need about 12-ounces of the ingredient. Alternatively, you can use two 7-ounce jars of marshmallow crème.
- Don’t have a 9×13-inch baking dish, then use any large, rectangular baking dish(s). Even a sheet pan will work. The bars might not be as thick. But, eh, does it really matter that much?
- The bars will hold, at room temperature, for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, peanuts, and chocolate candy, and butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and marshmallows, stirring frequently. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn mixture. Stir to combine.
With buttered hands, press the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Allow to cool for at least an hour before cutting into squares and serving.
Store covered at room temperature for up to 5 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 marshmallow popcorn bar. Actual calories will vary. For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 Small Bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.