A decadent but simple no bake chocolate peanut butter bars recipe featuring a creamy peanut butter filling topped with a rich chocolate topping!
When you talk about food combinations, no conversation is complete without mentioning chocolate and peanut butter.
There’s just something about the way those two ingredients come together to create an amazing dessert.
For today’s post, we’re sharing our no bake chocolate peanut butter bars. As the name implies, these bars are loaded with milk chocolate and creamy peanut butter.
Best of all, these peanut butter treats are no bake. No preheating the oven, all you need is a microwave to melt the butter and chocolate mixtures.
Can you freeze chocolate peanut butter bars?
Yes, you can freeze these bars. When you’re ready to eat them, simply remove them from the freezer and place them into your fridge to thaw for 24-36 hours.
How to make no bake peanut butter chocolate bars?
First, start by lining a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Go ahead and use enough paper to leave some hanging over the edges of the dish.
- Usually, Kim greases the dish before adding the parchment paper. The layer of butter sticks to the parchment paper and keeps it from sliding around when you add the filling.
Make the filling:
Next, grab a large mixing bowl, add the butter to the bowl and then melt it in your microwave.
Once the butter is melted, add the peanut butter. I recommend using a hand mixer to combine the ingredients.
Then, pour in the powdered sugar. Use your mixer to blend in the sugar. Now, add the graham cracker crumbs and blend them in as well.
Last, pour the filling into the baking dish. Evenly spread out the filling using a rubber spatula.
At this point, you can set the dish aside for now. You won’t need it again until the chocolate topping is ready.
Make the topping:
First, grab another microwave-safe mixing bowl, add the peanut butter and chocolate chips to the bowl.
Next, place the bowl into your microwave and melt the ingredients. Set the microwave on medium power for about 2-3 minutes.
Then, every 10-20 seconds, open the appliance and stir the mixture. Otherwise, the chocolate chips will scorch and burn.
Last, once the mixture is smooth and creamy, pour it over the peanut butter filling. Again, use your rubber spatula to smooth out the topping.
All that’s left to do is to place the chocolate peanut butter bars into the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours before cutting them into squares.
That’s it, your peanut butter chocolate bars are done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the dessert and wish you all the best 🙂
Oh, if like this recipe, try our creamy peanut butter fudge. You can make it in the microwave too!
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, (2 sticks, melted)
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter, (creamy)
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips, (semi-sweet)
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter, (creamy)
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some hanging over the edges, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and peanut butter until well combined. Then add the powdered sugar. Continue to mix until the powdered sugar is fully incorporated. Add in the graham cracker crumbs, and mix until well combined. Pour the peanut butter mixture into the prepared baking dish and use a spatula to smooth into an even layer.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and ¼ cup of peanut butter. Stir every 15 to 20 seconds until the chocolate is smooth and creamy. Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture and smooth into a thin layer. Transfer the pan to the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours until the bars have set and the chocolate is solid.
- Use the parchment paper to pull the bars out of the pan and cut into squares. Serve chilled or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of 1 small square when the entire dessert has been cut into 20 equal sized servings. Actual calories will vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 Square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 6g