*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge is perfectly silky, smooth and makes a great bite-sized dessert. It’s quick, simple and only has 3 ingredients.
Occasionally there are days where you need peanut butter, and a great big spoon right out of the jar will hit the spot.
At that moment, nothing tastes better, and if you’re like me, you stand right there in your kitchen, with the over-sized spoon in hand and suddenly, it’s gone.
Just like that. So, maybe you get a second spoon, and hey, why not?! Then there are those days you need a little more than just peanut butter.
We all have those them. Days where a spoon or two, or three of peanut butter won’t cut it. It’s days like those that you need to kick it up a notch.
Peanut butter is good but delicious, creamy peanut butter fudge is better. That’s right. I said it. Peanut butter fudge. Believe it or not, I had never made peanut butter fudge until a few weeks ago and WOW!
I’ve been missing out. Where has this tasty treat been my whole life?
I decided to make this fudge while I was checking the pantry for Thanksgiving supplies. I noticed two giant jars of peanut butter and a bag of confectioners’ sugar.
In passing, I told my husband I planned on making peanut butter fudge. He liked the idea and pretty soon, my son was cheering me on, so I thought I’d give it a try.
I wanted to create a simple yet delicious fudge but needed to get some ideas first. The search was rather disappointing because a lot of recipes I found contained chunky peanut butter, nuts, candies or even chocolate chips.
All I wanted was a smooth, creamy peanut butter fudge that wouldn’t dry out or harden after it cooled.
I gave up looking and came up with my own recipe, and it was a success. In the words of my husband, “This fudge is dangerous.” Needless to say, it didn’t last very long, and my son has already requested a second batch.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. No spoons required eating this super yummy dessert. Grab a tall glass of milk and enjoy!
This recipe is very simple and quick. I used parchment paper to line the baking dish and left enough to hang over the edges. After the fudge sets, I pulled it out by the parchment paper and clean up was a breeze.
It will last about a week in the refrigerator or 3-4 days on the countertop. The fudge is best when stored in an airtight container.
If you like this creamy peanut butter fudge recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen!
Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 3 1/2-4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- Line a 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper allowing extra to hang over the sides.
- Melt butter and peanut butter together in a microwave-safe bowl. I melted mine on half power and stirred every 30 seconds until completely melted and combined.
- Add sifted confectioners’ sugar one cup at a time. It is important to sift the confectioners’ sugar, so there aren’t lumps in the fudge. All 4 cups may not be needed. Fudge will be thick, but it should be pourable.
- Use the back of a spoon or spatula to spread the top of the fudge into an even layer. Cover with excess parchment paper and refrigerate until firm.
- After fudge has set, remove parchment paper and fudge from pan and cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store in an airtight container.