This easy Frozen Peanut Butter Pie is made with simple ingredients and can be assembled in just 10 minutes or less. A great no-bake dessert that’s perfect for summertime or any peanut butter lover!
This decadent dessert is definitely a favorite in our house. I’ve been making it for over a decade and we never get tired of it. Peanut butter is one of our favorite flavors, and this pie has plenty of it!
If you need a dessert that comes together quickly and doesn’t use the oven, you’ll want to hang onto this one. A decadent filling is made by mixing peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar together. It’s then fluffed up with some whipped topping and placed into a premade pie crust.
It sits in the freezer until it’s set and ready to serve. This peanut butter dessert is a great treat to make when you don’t want to turn on your oven in the summer months.
You could also make it ahead of time and store it in the freezer until you’re ready to go! Top it with some chocolate syrup or candied nuts for a decadent treat that everyone will enjoy.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a simple no-bake recipe that’s great for the summer months.
- It only takes a few minutes to assemble and prepare.
- Make it ahead of time and store it in the freezer for later.
- Feel free to use creamy or crunchy peanut butter.
- You can use a premade graham cracker crust or a homemade butter pie crust.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Graham Cracker Crust – A premade 9-inch graham cracker crust makes the perfect base for this peanut butter dessert.
- Cream Cheese – Adds a thick texture and tangy taste to the filling.
- Powdered Sugar – Helps to sweeten up the inside of the pie.
- Creamy Peanut Butter – Gives this pie its classic peanut butter flavor.
- Milk – Helps thin out the filling while keeping it creamy.
- Whipped Topping – Adds a light fluffy texture that is sweet and mixes well with the pie filling.
How To Make Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
- Combine the filling: In a mixer, add the peanut butter, room temperature cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Mix until the filling is smooth and creamy.
- Add the milk and whipped topping: As the filling is mixing, pour in the milk until combined. Then turn the mixer off and gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Assemble the peanut butter pie: Transfer the filling from the mixing bowl to the pie crust and smooth out until evenly distributed.
- Freeze to set: Place the peanut butter pie in the freezer for 4-6 hours or until it’s completely set. Before serving, let it thaw on the counter for 10 minutes or until it can be sliced easily.
- When working with cream cheese, make sure it is at room temperature before adding to the mixing bowl. This will help the filling come together smoothly.
- Do not use the mixer for the whipped topping. The whipped topping helps to aerate the filling which gives it a light and fluffy texture. Mixing it with the mixture will decrease the air.
- Before serving, this pie needs to be completely set in the freezer otherwise it will not slice well. Make it at least 4-6 hours before serving for best results.
- If you can’t find a premade graham cracker crust, simply mix 12 crushed graham crackers with ¼ cup of sugar and 6 tbsp of melted butter, then press into a pie pan and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- If you’re using any toppings that need to stick to the pie, make sure they are added before the pie goes into the freezer.
- For a rich chocolate flavor, use a chocolate graham cracker crust.
- If you like your peanut butter with a bit of texture, feel free to use chunky peanut butter instead of creamy.
- This pie can be made with other kinds of nut butter such as almond butter or cashew butter. You can also make a nut-free version using sunflower seed butter.
- Use a dash of vanilla, almond, or maple extract in the filling for a unique layer of flavor.
- Fold in chunks of banana or your favorite fruit to add a fresh fruit twist to the pie.
Serving & Freezing
Serving: When you’re ready to serve, remove the pie from the freezer and set it on the countertop for about 10 minutes or until the filling is easily sliced. Once everyone is served, return it back to the freezer to keep the filling set.
Freezing: You can store this peanut butter pie in the freezer for up to 3 months. Once it’s completely set, tightly wrap it in plastic wrap, then a layer of aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. If it sits in the freezer longer than 24 hours, it may need about 15 minutes to thaw enough for serving.
Can I make peanut butter pie without cream cheese?
You can use Italian mascarpone cheese or plant-based cream cheese made from nuts as a substitute for cream cheese in this recipe.
What if I can’t find whipped topping?
While it may be harder to find whipped topping in some countries, you can use whipped cream or heavy whipping cream as a substitute, just make sure it has a proper amount of time to fully set!
Will natural peanut butter work in this recipe?
Yes! Though natural peanut butter may be less sweet. Adjust the sugar in the filling as necessary.
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
- 4 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly drizzle in the milk, then fold in the whipped topping.
- Transfer the filling to the graham cracker crust.
- Freeze for 3 to 4 hours or until completely set. When ready to serve, allow the pie to thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 slice (⅛ of the pie). Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 266mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 7g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.