*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our fresh strawberry pie recipe features slightly sweetened, plump strawberries topped with whipped cream. Strawberry season can’t get here fast enough!
While it might not be strawberry season, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a fresh dessert.
For example, you can make our four (4) ingredient strawberry sauce anytime of the year.
Getting back to the pie, it uses a mixture of cooked berries and fresh ones to create a light and delicious pie sure to please the whole family.
So, shall we get started?
Equipment Needed for Recipe:
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Pie Pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Large Saucepan
- Food Processor
- Mixing Bowls
How to make a strawberry pie recipe?
- First, start by washing and preparing your strawberries. You can either trim them and leave as-is or slice them. It’s up to you.
- Also, make sure you’ve already baked the crust and given it time to cool.
- Next, separate one (1) cup of the strawberries and puree them using a food processor or blender.
- Dry off the rest of the berries and set them aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Then, in a large saucepan over low heat, combine the berry puree with the cornstarch, sugar, and water.
- While stirring, let the mixture cook until it becomes really thick. It should only take about ten (10) minutes in total.
- Afterward, let the mixture cool for about one (1) hour before pouring it over the fresh strawberries. Use a spoon to mix everything together.
- Now, transfer the mixture to the prebaked pie crust and place the pie into the fridge to chill for at least four (4) hours.
- Last, remove the pie from your fridge and serve it with whipped topping.
That’s it, your fresh strawberry pie recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the dessert and wish you all the best 🙂
- Since the pie doesn’t have to be baked, it can be served chilled or stored in the freezer for a cold treat on a hot day!
- We used a cup of sugar for our strawberry pie recipe; however, I recommend taste testing a little of the filling before chilling it. You may need to add a little more sugar if the berries aren’t sweet.
- I don’t recommend using frozen strawberries for this recipe. Once thawed, they will release a lot of extra moisture into the crust, turning it into mush.
Looking for more strawberry recipes?
Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 9 Inch Pie Dish
- 1 9 inch Pie Crust (pre-baked, cooled)
- 8 Cups Fresh Strawberries (about 2.5 lbs, washed, dried, tops trimmed)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Whipped Topping
- Make sure you’ve baked the crust and given it time to cool.
- Puree 1 cup of strawberries in a food processor until smooth. Place the remaining strawberries (either whole or sliced) into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Transfer the pureed strawberries to a large saucepan over low heat, and add the sugar, water, and cornstarch. Stir to combine, and bring the mixture to a boil. Continue to stir for about a minute, then remove from heat. Let the mixture cool until it’s warm, not hot, about an hour.
- After the mixture has cooled, carefully pour it over the strawberries in the bowl. Stir to ensure the strawberries are evenly coated then transfer to the baked pie shell. Return the pie to the refrigerator to set, about 4 hours. Serve with fresh whipped cream.