How can you go wrong with a cheesy pasta bake casserole? Tender pasta noodles smothered with yummy tomato sauce and gooey cheese. It’s the perfect match!
There are two things that I really enjoy about a great cheesy pasta bake. The first is the overall simplicity of the meal.
You only need a few ingredients and in less than an hour, you’ve made a delicious pasta casserole that everyone is bound to enjoy.
You can even make it feel homemade by adding a couple of extra items to the mix.
For example, while we used a jarred sauce, by combining it with fresh mushrooms and onions, we created something that feels rustic.
The second aspect of a cheesy pasta bake that I love is how easily the dinner can be modified to suit your personal tastes.
Even though almost every recipe calls for the same base ingredients, pasta noodles, and sauce, you can still customize the casserole to fit your preferences.
Cheesy Pasta Bake Options:
Looking at our version, you can see we added ham. If you prefer prosciutto, then put it into the pasta.
Every now and then, Kim and I will use deli pepperonis or savory smoked bacon. It just depends on our mood at the time.
Italian sausage is another great meat for a dish such as this.
You get the picture, right? When it comes to creating a personalized pasta meal, then look no further than a cheesy pasta bake.
We are thinking about using penne with chicken and alfredo sauce for our next cheesy pasta bake. I think topping it with Parmesan cheese will be wonderful.
Given how easy and stress-free this meal is to prepare, changing it up on the fly is not a big deal. You can even use Gluten-Free pasta and Vegan cheese, nothing is off limits.
All in all, it only took a little under an hour to have a hot meal that tasted homemade. Which means that it’s a wonderful option to have for those busy weeknight dinners.
You know, the ones that usually consist of whatever you can pour out of a box. At least with this cheesy pasta bake, you can sneak in a few vegetables without anyone noticing them.
In closing, I challenge you to find an easier and more delicious meal than a cheesy pasta bake. As always, I wish everyone a long life, love everlasting, and a belly full of fantastic food.
Love this recipe? Then take a look at our new cheesy meatball casserole. All the flavor of a baked pasta, with meatballs!
Don’t forget to check out our Cheesy Pasta Bake web story!
- 8 Ounces Short Pasta, (penne, rigatoni, etc. two ((2)) cups by volume)
- 1 Cup White Mushrooms, (sliced)
- 1 Cup White Onion, (diced)
- 1 Cup Ham, (pre-cooked, diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, (minced)
- 1/3 Cup Red Wine
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- 24 Ounces Pasta Sauce, (your favorite brand)
- 8 Ounces Mozzarella, (shredded)
- First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. and cook the pasta noodles al dente per the instructions on the box. Drain the noodles of excess water and set them aside for later.
- Next, in a skillet over medium heat, saute the ham, onions, mushrooms, and for about three to five minutes. Then add the wine, garlic, and Italian seasonings, and let everything cook for an additional two minutes.
- Afterward, remove the pan from the heat and add the cooked noodles to the skillet. Then, pour your favorite pasta sauce over the noodles. Make to stir everything together, coating all the pasta in the sauce.
- Transfer the pasta bake to a large, oven-safe skillet or 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese and sauce begin to boil.
- Last, remove the pan from the oven and let the cheesy pasta bake cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
The calorie count listed is an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of about one (1) cup of the pasta bake casserole. The actual calorie count may vary. The dish can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to three (3) days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 1113mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 21g