Enjoy all the flavors of ranch dressing anytime you want with our homemade ranch dressing mix. Made in less than 5 minutes and lasts up to 3 months!
From dipping sauces to salads and dry rubs, ranch dressing adds a unique flavor to almost any dish.
However, some of the store bought mixes and dressings contain a lot of salt (sodium) or sugar. So, why not make a dry mix at home?
That way you can create your own special dressings and sauces anytime you want and control what goes into them.
How to make a Dry Ranch Dressing Mix:
Look, I'll be honest here, it's not a tough a recipe.
Simply stir together the all the ingredients and store the mixture in a resealable container.
Try to remove as much air as possible from the container. If you don't have mason jars, then a resealable plastic sandwich bag (Zip Lock) works too.
That's it, your homemade ranch dressing mix is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the recipe and wish you all the best 🙂
How to Make Homemade Ranch Dressing:
In case you're wondering, we use this spice blend to make regular ranch dressing as well.
For homemade ranch dressing simply combine three (3) tablespoons of the dry mix with one (1) cup of mayonnaise and one (1) cup of milk.
Whisk together the ingredients and store it in your fridge. If it's too thin for you, place it into the fridge for fifteen (15) minutes, it will thicken.
Other homemade substitutes you may enjoy:
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Homemade Bisquick Mix
- How to Make Brown Sugar
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- ½ cup buttermilk powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onions
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl, and store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.½ cup buttermilk powder2 tablespoons dried parsley2 teaspoons dried dill2 teaspoons onion powder2 teaspoons garlic powder2 teaspoons dried minced onions2 teaspoons dried chives½ teaspoon kosher salt½ teaspoon ground black pepper