Discover the secret to the perfectly flavored meatloaf with our Meatloaf Seasoning recipe. This simple blend adds incredible flavor that makes this recipe a family favorite. Easy to prepare and packed with taste, this seasoning recipe is your ticket to a delicious homemade meatloaf.
We have a variety of spice blends in the cabinet at any given time, and this meatloaf seasoning is one of our favorites. It takes the classic meatloaf recipe to a whole new level by using a blend of simple pantry staples like paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Our spice blend adds a layer of savory flavor that the store-bought stuff can't beat. All it takes are a few tablespoons added to ground beef to make a meatloaf the whole family will love.
Ingredients You'll Need
You'll find the exact amounts further down the page.
- Paprika: either sweet or smoked works.
- Ground Mustard.
- Garlic Powder.
- Onion Powder.
- Celery Salt.
- Seasoned Salt: substitute with kosher salt, table salt, sea salt, etc. if seasoned salt isn't available.
- Ground Black Pepper.
- Dried Thyme.
How to Make Meatloaf Seasoning:
Scroll to the recipe card below for full recipe and ingredient amounts!
- Place all the spices into a small mixing bowl, and stir to combine.
- Add the spice blend into the meat mixture in place of pre-packaged meatloaf seasoning.
Store any leftover spice mix in an airtight container in your pantry or spice cabinet. It should stay fresh for up to 6 months.
How much of the seasoning mix should you use per pound of meat?
We recommend using 2-3 tablespoons of our meatloaf seasoning mix per pound of ground beef. The amount is adjustable to your preference.
Are the spices adjustable to taste?
As written, we think this spice blend yields the best flavored meatloaf. But, our recipe is customizable. Feel free to adjust the quantities or add new spices to make it perfect for your tastes.
Does this spice blend work on all varieties of meatloaf?
Absolutely, yes! This seasoning blend works in all types of meatloaf. Whether you're working with ground beef, ground turkey, or a vegetarian substitute, it brings out the best flavor.
Can you double this recipe?
Of course! Make as much or as little as you need.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 2 teaspoons paprika, sweet or smoked
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon celery salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl, and stir to combine.2 teaspoons paprika2 teaspoons ground mustard1 teaspoon garlic powder1 teaspoon onion powder½ teaspoon celery salt¼ teaspoon seasoned salt½ teaspoon ground black pepper¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Use 2-3 tablespoons per 1 pound of ground beef in place of packaged meatloaf seasoning. This is adjustable to taste.
- Scroll up and see the post for tips, FAQs, and storage options.