*This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission from the sale if you purchase from the affiliate link.
Our oven baked meatballs recipe uses a mix of ground beef and Italian sausage flavored with savory spices and are cooked in broth to be tender and juicy!
Recently, Kim and I realized that we only have one meatball recipe on the website. It’s our meatball marinara sub sandwich and while it’s tasty, you can’t easily adapt that recipe for use in a pasta dish.
So, she decided to share our oven baked meatballs recipe for today’s post. Now, these beef and pork meatballs can be used in many ways. For example, you can add them to your favorite pasta dish or slice them up for lasagna. Personally, I like to break them up into bite-sized pieces and drop them into my homemade marinara to create a simple meat sauce.
I encourage you to find new and unique ways to use these meatballs. However, before you can you do that, you have to know how to make them. How about we get started?
Equipment Needed for Oven Baked Meatballs:
Oven Baked Meatballs Recipe Instructions:
First, gather all your ingredients and start prepping the beef meatballs. Dice your onion, parsley, garlic, etc. and measure out the breadcrumbs and milk.
Basically, get everything ready so all you have to do is assemble and bake. Next, grab a small bowl and combine the breadcrumbs and milk. Put the mixture in to your fridge for about fifteen (15) minutes.
While the mixture rests, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. and line a large baking dish with aluminum foil. After the fifteen (15) minutes have passed, remove the breadcrumbs from the fridge.
After that, in a large mixing bowl, combine the milk and breadcrumb mixture with the Italian pork sausage, ground beef, diced onion, parsley, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, salt, Italian seasonings, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and one (1) egg.
I like to use my hands to mix meatballs; however, you may not feel that way. So, use whatever you like to blend all the ingredients together. Then, roll them out into golf ball sized meatballs.
You’ll want them to be about one and a half (1 1/2) inches in diameter. Try to get them all the same size. Otherwise, the pork meatballs will not cook up evenly.
Once the oven baked meatballs have been rolled out, place them in the baking dish or pan and pour in the one-fourth (1/4) of cup of beef broth.
Last, cover the dish with more foil and place them into the oven to bake for twenty-five (25) minutes or until they’re done. When the timer goes off, you may need to cut one of the meatballs open to ensure they’re done.
That’s it, you over baked meatballs recipe is done. Kim and I hope you enjoy this offering and we wish you all the best 🙂
Meatball Recipe tips:
To avoid a mess in the oven, make sure the baking dish you choose has at least a one (1) inch rim. If not, you could have grease spilling out into the bottom of your stove. Not an ideal situation.
This tip is pretty much universal when working with recipes like this one. Do you know the difference between a meatball and a meatloaf? The answer is simple, “not much.” Once you have the ingredients mixed, toss out the beef broth and place the beef and pork mixture into a loaf pan. Cover it with foil and bake it at 375 degrees F. for approximately one (1) hour or until the internal temperature reaches one hundred sixty-five (165) degrees.
Have an egg allergy? Substitute the egg out for a flax egg. In small bowl, combine one (1) tablespoon of ground flax seed with three (3) tablespoons of water. Let it set in your fridge for fifteen (15) minutes, then use it instead of the egg.
Craving more meatballs?
Oven Baked Meatballs Recipe
- 1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Milk (we used whole)
- 1/2 Lb. Italian Sausage (we used pork based)
- 1/2 Lb. Ground Beef (we used 93/7)
- 1/2 Cup White Onion (finely diced)
- 1/4 Cup Parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic (minced, about a clove)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Beef Broth
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and milk. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. and line a 9 x 13 (or larger) baking dish with aluminum foil.
- After the breadcrumbs and milk have sat for 15 minutes, remove from the refrigerator and combine with the remaining ingredients (except ¼ cup beef broth) in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Roll the meat mixture into golf ball-sized balls (about 1 ½ inches in diameter), and place in the lined baking dish.
- Pour the beef broth around the meatballs, then cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Place the meatballs in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and serve warm.