Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes: We are contributors to Life’s Little Sweets, and this recipe first appeared on there as Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes.
Our strawberry lemonade cupcakes were a Mother’s Day treat and loaded with tons of strawberry and lemon flavors. The perfect Summer treat!
This recipe originally appeared on Life’s Little Sweets as a contribution post for Mother’s Day. Seeing as how the cupcakes have the flavors of lemonade and strawberries, we felt it would also make a fantastic Summer post. For this offering, we decided to take it easy and use some packaged ingredients.
The lemon cake mix combined with the lemonade mixture packs a tasty punch. Using a cake mix creates soft and fluffy cupcakes. Furthermore, you don’t have worry about them becoming dry or sinking in the center because the cooking chemistry is perfectly balanced.
The homemade part of the dessert is the strawberry buttercream frosting. Using only three ingredients, it’s simple to prepare and overloaded with berries. If you have ever made this type of frosting before, then you know how smooth and creamy it is when prepared correctly. All you need are the listed items below and a simple mixer.
As you can see from the pictures, decorating these little sweet bites doesn’t take a lot of flash or props. Colorful straws and cute liners are all it takes to make them adorable. Additionally, the strawberries have a soft pink hue, so no food coloring is required to achieve this look.
While these cupcakes may have been originally for Mother’s Day, they can be made anytime and for any occasion. Lemon and strawberry are two classic Spring and Summer flavors, so it’s the perfect time of the year for this kind of dessert. It is my hope you give them a try. In closing, I wish everyone a long life, love everlasting, and a full belly!
Looking for more great summer recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 18.25 OZ Box of Lemon Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Package Lemonade Mix (approximately 1 OZ)
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries
- 4 Cups Powdered or Confectioner's Sugar
- 2 Sticks Butter (unsalted and softened)
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees F. and remove the butter from your fridge to soften.
- Next, prepare the lemon cake as directed by combining the mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and lemonade powder in a large bowl. Blend the concoction on medium speed until everything is well-combined.
- Afterward, line your cupcake pan with liners and transfer the cake batter into the pan. Use 1/4 cup of batter for each serving.
- Then place the pan into the oven and let everything cook for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the cupcakes are done. Use a toothpick to ensure they have baked long enough.
- Now, set the finished cupcakes onto a cooling rack and get started on the frosting.
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- First, wash the strawberries and remove the stems. Then, place them into a food processor or blender and pulse them until they are liquefied.
- Next, strain the berry puree to ensure all the seeds have been removed. You should have about four tablespoons of strawberries.
- After that, combine the strawberries, butter, and sugar in a large mixing bowl using a stand or hand mixing. Blend the ingredients until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Lastly, load the icing into a cupcake decorator or using an icing knife, apply the frosting to each cupcake. Make the cupcakes are cooled off, or the frosting will melt. Once all the cupcakes have been iced, serve and enjoy!