Create a semi-homemade treat for that special someone this Valentine's Day! Try our strawberry champagne cupcakes with a champagne buttercream frosting.
Valentine's Day is just a few weeks away and I am excited to share it with Kim. We've been together for almost twenty (20) years.
It's funny how time flies and the years get away from you. However, I still try to do something special for her every year.
This year, we decided to share one of our favorite strawberry cupcake recipes. Kim used champagne to take ordinary cupcakes to the next level!
So, shall we get started?
How to make strawberry champagne cupcakes?
First, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. and lining two (2) muffin tins with decorative liners.
Also, remove your butter from the fridge. It needs to soften for the frosting.
After that, grab a mixing bowl and add the cake mix, cracked eggs, champagne, and oil.
Next, a use a hand mixer or whisk to combine the ingredients.
Now, once the cupcake batter is ready, transfer it to the liners. Only fill the liners to the halfway point. Use the photos as a guide.
I recommend using a measuring cup for that step because it makes things a little easier.
Then, place the cupcakes into the oven to cook for about seventeen (17) minutes or until they pass the "toothpick," test.
That means when you poke one in the center with a toothpick, it should come out clean.
So, when the cupcakes are done, set them aside to cool for at least thirty (30) minutes.
How to make champagne frosting?
First, grab a large mixing bowl and add the powdered sugar, softened butter, vanilla extract, and three (3) tablespoons of the champagne.
Next, blend the ingredients. You may need to add a little more of the champagne if the frosting is too thick.
That's why the recipe says three (3) to four (4) tablespoons.
Last, once the cupcakes have cooled, use a rubber spatula or piping bag (with tip) to decorate the strawberry cupcakes.
That's it, your strawberry champagne cupcakes are done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the recipe and wish you all the best 🙂
Other Strawberry Desserts to Try This Summer:
If you like our strawberry champagne cupcakes recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly's Kitchen!
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 15.25 ounce strawberry cake mix, any brand
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil, vegetable oil
- ¾ cup champagne, any brand
Champagne Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 ½ tablespoons champagne, 3 to 4 tablespoons adjusted to taste and consistency
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, and champagne on low speed just until blended, then increase the speed to medium for 2 minutes.15.25 ounce strawberry cake mix3 large eggs¼ cup canola oil¾ cup champagne
- Use a scoop or measuring cup to pour ¼ cup of batter into each muffin well (only fill each half the way full). Bake for 16 - 18 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of champagne and the vanilla. Continue to mix and add additional champagne to thin out the consistency if needed.1 cup unsalted butter4 ½ cups powdered sugar3 ½ tablespoons champagne1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Use a piping bag and tip or a spatula to apply the frosting to the cooled cupcakes.
- Store cupcakes in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.