Looking for an easy dump cake? Then try our delicious cherry dump cake recipe. It only uses 3 ingredients and it’s done in about an hour!
In fact, the last time I checked, we have over 100 different desserts on the site. For today’s post, we sharing an easy dump cake recipe.
This cherry dump cake is so simple to make. It uses a boxed cake mix, canned cherry pie filling, and a stick of butter.
Best of all, you won’t have a bunch of dishes to wash. All you need is a 9×13-inch baking dish, a rubber spatula, and a microwave safe bowl to melt the butter.
Considering this was our first dump cake, I think that’s a pretty good start. Speaking of starting, shall we?
How to make our cherry dump cake recipe:
First, preheat your oven to 350°F. and grease a large baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
Next, open both cans of cherry pie filling and dump them into the baking dish. Use your rubber spatula to spread out the filling.
After that, open the yellow cake mix and sprinkle it over the fruit filling. Again, try to spread it out evenly.
Then, melt the butter in your microwave. Once it’s melted, drizzle it over the yellow cake mix.
Last, cover the cherry dump cake with aluminum foil and place it into the oven to bake for about 55 minutes.
Cherry Dump Cake Recipe Tips:
- When microwaving the butter, cover the bowl with a paper towel to avoid a mess. Butter will sometimes, “pop” when being heated. That can create a real mess in your microwave.
- To achieve a golden brown crust, at 40-45 minute mark, remove the cake from the oven. Take off the aluminum foil and place it back into the oven to finish baking for the last 15-minutes.
- One of the great things about a dump cake is that you can use any type of pie filling you love. For example, try using blueberry or peach pie filling instead of cherry.
Other cherry desserts that you may love:
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 15.25 Ounce Yellow Cake Mix, (one box)
- 20 Ounces Cherry Pie Filling, (two 10-ounce cans)
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350° degrees and lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Pour both cans of cherry pie filling into the baking dish. Use a spatula to spread the filling into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the pie filling in an even layer. Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix. Try to get the butter over as much of the cake mix as possible.
- Cover and bake for 50 to 60 minutes in a preheated oven or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Uncover for the last 15 minutes if desired to achieve a golden brown top.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of about 1-cup of the cherry dump cake. Additionally, the calorie count does NOT include the ice cream seen in the photos. Actual calories will vary.
The dump cake can be stored, covered, in your fridge for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g