*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
This Valentine’s Day surprise your sweetheart with our chocolate covered cherry milkshake. Smooth vanilla ice cream flavored with cherry syrup and covered in a sweet chocolate shell.
This year will mark Kim and my 17th Valentine’s Day together. For this occasion, we decided to skip the fancy restaurants and pricey bottles of wine. Instead, we chose to make something fun for each other, a chocolate covered cherry milkshake.
We knew we should practice it before Valentine’s Day. So, when we whipped up the chocolate covered cherry shake, it was just too good to keep to ourselves. As a result, today’s post features this delightful treat; we hope you enjoy it.
- First, in a blender, combine the ice cream, milk, cherry syrup, and Maraschino cherries.
- Next, blend everything together until you create a smooth and creamy shake.
- Last, pour the shakes into 12-ounce glasses, top them with an extra cherry, and drizzle them with “Magic Shell,” chocolate syrup.
- Serve the shakes while they are cold and frothy.
Tips for Your Chocolate Covered Cherry Milkshake:
- For a thicker shake, add more vanilla ice cream 1/4-cup at a time.
- To add additional protein, consider adding one (1) raw egg to the blender when combining the other ingredients.
- Try using homemade vanilla ice cream to reduce the number of additives and preservatives in your milkshake.
Chocolate Covered Cherry Milkshake
- 2 Cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 12 Ounces Milk (whole)
- 2 Ounces Cherry Syrup
- 5 Large Maraschino Cherries
- 4 Tablespoons “Magic Shell” Chocolate Syrup
- First, in a blender combine the ice cream, milk, cherry syrup, and cherries.
- Next, pulse the ingredients until the shake is smooth and creamy.
- Last, pour the milkshakes into 12-ounce glasses and drizzle with the chocolate syrup. Garnish the shakes with a cherries and serve while cold.