Need a fruity, refreshing drink to ward off the warm temperatures? Then try our easy cherry limeade recipe. It's sweet, tart, bubbly, and so delicious!
Oh man, Summer is about a month away and I am excited. It's the time of the year when I feel my best. Warm temperatures along with plenty of sunlight. I can't really think of a better time of the year.
With that being said, those temps can be get a little too warm from time to time. On days like that, I tend to reach for a cool refreshing drink.
So, in preparation for the hotter months, we're sharing our cherry limeade recipe. The beverage is bubbly, crisp, and oh so satisfying on a hot day. The limeade strikes a good balance between sweet and tart.
How to make a cherry limeade:
- In a large pitcher or glass container, combine the soda, syrup, and lime juice.
- Carefully combine the soda, cherry syrup, and lime juice. I say, carefully, because, the soda may fizz up as you add the other ingredients.
- Serve the cherry limeade over ice and garnish with fresh lime wedges and maraschino cherries.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Easy Cherry Limeade Recipe Tips:
- If you don't have cherry syrup handy, you can try substituting grenadine or even Maraschino cherry juice.
- Should you decide to use lime concentrate, start by only using two tablespoons. Then, taste test the cherry limeade soda before adding more.
- For another unique twist on the recipe, consider substituting ginger ale for the lemon lime soda.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 48 ounces lemon lime soda
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup cherry simple syrup, or cherry drink syrup like Torani or Monin brand
- 4 cups ice
- Combine soda, lime juice, and cherry syrup in a large pitcher.48 ounces lemon lime soda¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice¼ cup cherry simple syrup
- Pour over ice, and garnish with lime wedges and maraschino cherries. Serve immediately4 cups ice