This Cherry Limeade Slush is an icy, cold cherry and lime flavored drink that only takes 5 minutes to make in the blender. It’s the perfect Summer drink for the entire family.
Frozen Cherry Limeade Recipe:
Sonic Drive-In was one of my favorite fast food restaurants as a kid. I always ordered a cherry vanilla Dr. Peppers and cherry limeades with extra cherries. Those were my go-to’s until I discovered that Sonic made slushies. Whenever it was crazy hot outside, a tasty slushie was in order.
As an adult, my trips to Sonic have become few and far between, but I still love a good cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper or cherry limeade slush every now and then. A few years ago, I decide to tackle making these drinks at home that way I could customize them.
In no way am I saying this is a copycat recipe. It isn’t. The original is amazing, and you really can’t beat it. This frozen slush is also fantastic, but it’s definitely different than the original. It’s actually a spin on our cherry limeade drink. This frozen cherry limeade is just what you need on a hot Summer day!
How to Make a Cherry Limeade Slush:
- Place all the ingredients in the blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, and serve immediately.
Tips and Variations for Cherry Limeade Slush:
- Make it Boozy!: Swap out a couple ounces of the lemon-lime soda for vodka, gin, or silver rum, and turn this slush into a frozen adult drink.
- Maraschino Cherries: Blend in some maraschino cherries or add some as a garnish.
- Lime Juice: If you don’t have fresh lime juice, bottled or concentrate would work ok for this recipe. Although, it will change the taste slightly. Another option is to use frozen limeade concentrate. Start with half the amount listed in the recipe, and adjust up from there.
- Cherry Syrup: I’m a huge fan of cherry syrup for drinks and keep some on hand most of the time. However, in a pinch, I use maraschino cherry juice straight from the jar. The same will work in the recipe, too, although it may have a slightly different flavor than the cherry syrup. Adjust the amount to your tastes.
- Serving: This drinks tends to separate and melt within 10 to 15 minutes due to the cherry syrup being heavier than the ice. Enjoy it quickly or be prepared to keep it stirred. 🙂
- Refrigeration: We don’t recommend long term storage in the refrigerator, but if you need to pop your drink in for a couple minutes to keep it cold that would be fine. It will slow the melting of the ice.
- Freezer: The same goes for the freezer. This drink needs to be enjoyed immediately, so freezing isn’t recommended. Although, if you wanted to keep the drink cold for a couple of minutes to keep the ice from melting too quickly, it wouldn’t hurt to pop it in the freezer. Just don’t forget about it; otherwise, you’ll have a solid block of cherry limeade.
Cherry Limeade SlushPrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 4 to 5 cups Ice
- 8 Ounces Lemon Lime Soda
- [4 Ounces Cherry Syrup]
- 2 Ounces lime juice
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth and well blended.
- Pour into glasses, add a straw, and enjoy immediately.