Sherbet Punch is an easy drink that’s perfect for your next baby or wedding shower. This punch is full of citrus flavor, pineapple juice, lemonade, and of course, rainbow sherbet.
Spring is the time for bridal showers, baby showers, and potlucks, which means it time to dust off the ol’ punch bowl. This is especially true in the South.
Every shower I’ve ever attended has some form of fruit flavored punch complete with sherbet floating along the top. A couple of times there’s been an adult punch like our Tropical Vodka Punch or Tequila Lemonade, but that’s rare.
More often, it’s a pineapple, orange, or ginger ale base with colorful sherbet. You really can’t go wrong when you need a drink for a crowd. This sherbet punch is easy to customize and perfect for any occasion.
How to make sherbet punch:
- This sherbet punch is incredibly easy to make. You’ll need a large punch bowl or similar type container. The one we used has a capacity of about 2 gallons.
- Start by pouring in 2 quarts of water. That’s equivalent to 8 cups. Then, pour in the pineapple juice and dry lemonade mix.
- Use a whisk to the mix the ingredients until the lemonade mix is well dissolved. Next, scoop a quart of rainbow sherbet into the bowl.
- It will float along the top of the punch and melt into a beautiful swirled design. After all the sherbet is added, ladle the punch into serving mugs and enjoy!
Tips and Variations for Sherbet Punch:
- Chill the ingredients for a couple of hours prior to make the punch. This will keeps the ice cream from melting too quickly.
- Add an extra quart of rainbow sherbet to make the punch super frothy and creamy.
- Our recipe has a citrus flavor from the pineapple juice and lemonade mix. The pineapple juice tones down the sweetness of the lemonade and sherbet nicely, so this punch is not overly sweet. To make it sweeter, add extra sugar, replace some or all of the water with lemon-lime soda, ginger ale, or orange juice.
- To make this punch alcoholic, replace the water with champagne.
- 2 Quarts Water (8 cups)
- 46 Ounces Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
- ¾ Cup Lemonade Mix (similar to Country Time Lemonade)
- 1 Quart Rainbow Sherbet
- In a large punch bowl, combine the water, pineapple juice, and lemonade mix.
- Add the sherbet, and serve in individual glasses. Storage is not recommended.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 (8 ounce) glass of punch. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:8 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 1g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.