Fruity Pebbles Treats are the BEST cereal treats. They’re made with colorful Fruity Pebbles cereal and plenty of gooey marshmallows for a fun dessert everyone will love!
Cereal treats of all kinds are an easy dessert and a favorite in our house. We love just about any variety that comes our way. Some of our other go-to marshmallow treats are these Perfect Rice Krispie Treats, Lucky Charms Treats, and Valentine’s Rice Krispie Treats.
Fruity Pebbles Cereal Bars Recipe:
I’ve forever been a fan of rice krispie treats. Those ooey, gooey marshmallow treats are the perfect dessert when you want something sweet and don’t have a lot of time to prepare an elaborate dish.
If you’ve never tried a Fruity Pebbles Treat, they are just as easy to make as traditional rice krispie treats but have all they flavor of your favorite Fruity Pebbles cereal. Plus, they’re super colorful and fun to eat! Since these cereal bars are made with a fruit flavored cereal, they taste different than rice krispie treats, too.
My family LOVES these, and we think they actually taste better on day #2. They’re soft, gooey, and have little pockets of melty marshmallows throughout. These are kid-friendly, and perfect as a lunch box add-in or after school snack.
How to make Fruity Pebbles Treats:
- Butter an 8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Melt 4.5 cups of marshmallows with 4 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the Fruity Pebbles, and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan, and press into place with a buttered spatula or buttered hands.
- Allow the treats to set for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Fruity Pebbles Treats Tips and Variations:
- Butter: I really love unsalted butter in this recipe, but salted butter would also taste great. The Fruity Pebbles Treats shouldn’t taste “salty,” but just be mindful because it will increase the sodium amount in the recipe.
- Cereal: Swap out the Fruity Pebbles for Cocoa Pebbles to make the marshmallow treats chocolatey!
- Marshmallows: Feel free to substitute regular marshmallows in place of mini marshmallows. You’ll need about 40 regular sized marshmallows to equal 10 ounces (6 cups) mini marshmallows. If you don’t want to separate the mini marshmallows out like I did in the recipe, it’s fine to stir them all in with the butter.
- Extra Flavors: If you’re not using salted butter, a pinch of salt will enhance the flavors of the ingredients. A little vanilla also tastes great.
Room Temperature: Fruity Pebbles Treats store best at room temperature wrapped individually in plastic wrap. They’ll stay fresh for about 3 to 4 days. If you’d rather not wrap each one individually, place the entire batch in an airtight container, and they’ll be good for 2 to 3 days.
Refrigerator: We do not recommend placing these treats in the refrigerator. The cool, dry air tends to dry out the cereal and make the marshmallow treats hard.
Freezer: We don’t recommend freezing Fruity Pebbles treats.
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 10 Ounces Mini Marshmallows, divided
- 6 Cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- Butter an 8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan over low heat. Add 4 ½ cups of marshmallows and the butter. Stir until melted.
- Pour in the cereal, and stir until well combined. Remove from heat and add the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, and use a buttered spatula or buttered hands to press the mixture into an even layer.
- Allow the bars to set for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 to 3 days.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 marshmallow treat. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 Square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.