*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
This creamy dip features jumbo lump crab meat with a special blend of seasonings. It’s a hot crab dip infused with the flavors of Southwest Florida!
Kim and I lived in Florida for a number of years and needless to say, it definitely influenced the way we cook.
You can see that in some of our recipes. Take for example our key lime martini. Obviously, the Florida Keys inspired that tasty drink.
Well, today’s hot crab dip is no different. All the flavors in this yummy dip have been influenced by our time in SW. Florida.
So, shall we get started?
How to make hot crab dip?
First, start by prepping your ingredients. You know, make sure the cream cheese is soft, shred the cheddar cheese, and open the can of crab meat (if using canned).
Next, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and spray your nine (9) inch baking dish non-stick cooking spray.
Afterward, in large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, garlic powder, and paprika. Mix the ingredients until they’re smooth and creamy.
Now, it’s time to fold in the crab meat and shredded cheddar cheese. If you’re using canned crab meat, be sure to drain it first!
Furthermore, I recommend using a rubber spatula for this part. That way, you don’t break up all the big lumps of crab. As always, use our pictures as a reference.
Then, once you have everything combined, it’s time to transfer the crab dip to your baking dish.
Additionally, Kim recommends using a rubber spatula to smooth out the mixture.
Place the dip into your oven to bake for twenty-five (25) to thirty (30) minutes. Or, until the hot crab dip is bubbling around the edges.
Last, remove it from the oven and serve it while the dish is still warm.
That’s it, your recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the dip and wish you all the best 🙂
Crab Dip Recipe Tips:
- Can crab dip be frozen? For this recipe, I would recommend freezing it before you bake it. Then, thaw it out in your fridge before baking and serving.
- Which is better canned crab or fresh? Well, fresh is always the better choice. However, I understand that fresh crab may not be option for you. So, use canned if you need to, just be sure to drain it before you add it to the bowl.
- What goes with crab dip? You can use our air fryer tortilla chips, corn chips, toasted bread, or even celery as dipping options.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, (softened)
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice, (preferably fresh or 1 teaspoon refrigerated)
- 1 Teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning , (or to taste as it can be salty if overused)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 16 Ounces Crab Meat, (jumbo lump)
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, (by volume, shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or wooden spoon to combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire Sauce, lemon juice, Old Bay Seasoning, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Fold in the crab meat and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to a small casserole dish (9 x 9-inch dish, 1.5 quart casserole dish, 9-inch pie pan, etc.). Use a spatula to spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the dip is bubbly around the edges and melted in the center. Remove from the oven and serve hot with tortilla chips, toasted baguette slices, or veggie slices.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of about one-fourth (1/4) a cup of the hot crab dip. Additionally, the calorie count does NOT include the tortilla chips or sliced green onions seen in the photos. Actual calories will vary. The dip can be stored in a sealed container, in your fridge, for up to three (3) days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 0.25 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 484mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g